So I recorded one more band of teenagers that are awesome!

Holy shit, not only is that band pretty damn good, but that mix is AWESOME!

Mind sharing details on what you used for guitars, samples on drums, and how you got the vocals to sound so badass?

Holy shit, not only is that band pretty damn good, but that mix is AWESOME!

Mind sharing details on what you used for guitars, samples on drums, and how you got the vocals to sound so badass?

Thanks man! I'm satisfied with the mix myself.

The vocalist just needed compression with the Waves RVox and some Delay and Reverb. His voice is amazing!

They are two guitarists, one with some BC Rich guitar (ofcourse, it's f*ing black metal!) and the other one had a Schecter (maybe Hellraiser)..

Both played on the singers' Engl Powerball charged with a BB Preamp from Xotic into a Engl Cabinet and a Marshall 1960AV.

The only one with bad gear was the drummer who dragged something that almost looked like a drum kit (sorry guys).. So I really had to use samples all over..

Toms - Sneaps Chimaira Toms.
Snare - Sneaps snare of uncertain source?
Kick - I think I used a Sneap kick

The bass - I dunno what it was.. (I'm a guitarist myself so.. :loco:)

- horns up -

Great sounding mix, and great music too!
Very lucky having all this young talent in your town, because there's no such thing around here, it's all 3 chord pop punk bands haha.
Again, nice job!

Wow, this is cool, nice work man :) Maybe the hihat is a little too harsh, or maybe it's just me being a pussy with sensitive ears right now.

This singer sounds a lot better than that last band you posted (those death metal guys with the singer who did inhale vocals).

I usually hate black metal, but this wasn't the standard bull shit I keep hearing, it felt like a mixed black/death metal. Anyhow, it's listenable. I hope they keep on playing because they have a lot of potential!

When I was 16 and playing with my band, we were doing like fucking 4 chord "metal" songs... these guys kick my ass :)

Edit: Edward, I have to ask, did the drummer use a Sabian AAX china? While I'm at it, what hihats were used? They are really harsh and biting :(

Wow, this is cool, nice work man :) Maybe the hihat is a little too harsh, or maybe it's just me being a pussy with sensitive ears right now.

This singer sounds a lot better than that last band you posted (those death metal guys with the singer who did inhale vocals).

I usually hate black metal, but this wasn't the standard bull shit I keep hearing, it felt like a mixed black/death metal. Anyhow, it's listenable. I hope they keep on playing because they have a lot of potential!

When I was 16 and playing with my band, we were doing like fucking 4 chord "metal" songs... these guys kick my ass :)

Edit: Edward, I have to ask, did the drummer use a Sabian AAX china? While I'm at it, what hihats were used? They are really harsh and biting :(

Hi Man! Thank you (and everyone else) for your kind words!

I'm almost ready to agree that the cymbals are quite harsh, but just a teenie weenie bit..

Yeah when I was 16 I couldn't do this kind of music, and if we recorded something it was in the totally wrong studio and everything would sound bad.. But thats why Im here! :) to give the kids a proper recording! haha..

This is more like some melodic black metal, I dunno.. "True Black Metal" usually sound like you recorded some static into a tape recorder that would distort everything..

I Have no idea what cymbals the drummer used, i forgot to take pictures as well, but i can check it out on friday when they play live! But I guess they match the quality of the drumkit which was kind of bad..

But im glad it turned out the way it did anyway!

Thanks for listening!
- horns up -
:kickass: