Am I the only one here who likes Are You Dead Yet?

I ashamed to admit it but I consider bodom one of my bands but I never gave this cd a chance listened to it once and that was it. Now I'll go back and listen to it. Sometimes I buy so much I never get a chance to hear it all.

Personally, I think the album is good, but it is my second lest favortire. But I still think Cob is a fucken kick ass band. And they will always make great music, and they may (like any other band) make disapointing albums, but til now everything is okay, and they fucken rock!!

Seriously tho, which album is AYDY better than?

Maybe Something Wild just because of sheer production quality, but I love the neoclassical stuff, very technical. Its not better than Hatebreeder, the songs are too good. Its not better than Hate Crew Deathroll, it is so heavy and yet it still sounds Bodom to me (the guitars are so full sounding, like in Sixpounder). Definitely NOT better then Follow The Reaper (I am not even going to talk about why, you should already know).

So it's not to say that I don't LIKE AYDY, I actually LOVE it (Bodom f'n rules!) but I was dissapointed that it did not surpass the previous albums...including the amazing Sinergy albums that Alexi and Roope did together. Hopefully the next album will get more technical again, b/c this album is by far the least challenging as far as guitar parts go. I hope Alexi let Roope loose on the next try, let him solo too.

I dunno why but it seems I'm the only one who doesn't like SW that much :confused: I really think all the other albums are much better..but wutever..they own :worship:

^well SW was just there first album. On the other albums, the stuff got more complicated, but i loved SW just as much as the rest. It had such i heavy, dark atmosphere.

For me its - the newer the album is, the more it sucks. Half of the HCDR and AYDY is beyond listenable to me.

Other music I listen to is black metal (real black metal, not dimmu or cradle type), neoclassical shred and death/grind (when I get bored of black metal for a while). COB's first two albums (especially the first) were the perfect mix of black metal and neoclassical stuff and that's why I like them the most :).

COB's first two albums (especially the first) were the perfect mix of black metal and neoclassical stuff
These words seem came out from my mouth: Hatebreeder is my fav album... I love it for the same reason that you do.
And then regarding to Something Wild... I have no words, that's really an amazing album, its sound is so obscure, really a bad and aggressive sound... it was their first album, but they couldn't have done a better one to start.

What part of "for me" you don't understand? Well, I could say that SW and Hatebreeder are equally good, but I was just stating my opinion.

By "not true" I mean you can't find that ALL the band in the world was better at their begining and then sucked after 2-3 album. Sure there's a progression, and a regression, there's no many band that will end their carrer at the top just to be sure to not regress.

By "not true" I mean you can't find that ALL the band in the world was better at their begining and then sucked after 2-3 album. Sure there's a progression, and a regression, there's no many band that will end their carrer at the top just to be sure to not regress.

I didn't say that every band in the world started to suck after 2-3 albums. It's just the case of COB for me. There's many bands I listen to and like all their albums.

AYDY had that effect on most everybody. I don't see why people don't like it. Some of Alexi's best riffs (WNGF, TL&S, Bastards of Bodom) and solos (Next in Line, WNGF, Living Dead Beat) are on that album. Granted, keyboarding isn't at its perfection as compared to its predescessors, but it's still awesome. It's a fast-paced album, for the most part. PMIB was a bit of a "try-too-hard" attempt to simulate Angels Don't Kill, in my opinion, but it was still a decent track all in all, and in all honesty, CoB has yet to make an unappealing song that wasn't a cover (their ability is limited in a cover, too).

Too many people bitch about this album, but if you see Bodom play the songs on this album live, then your mind is quickly changed. Alexi really gets into this new album, which leaves the way for an infinitely better show, as he does his harmonic squeals and pinches with far more emotion, I find, and that alone pumped me up at the UA tour. This album was MADE to be played live!:headbang:

I do miss the old skills, but no band ever got anywhere staying the same. Look at how much Slayer's changed over the years, and they're still one of, if not the most famed active band in metal. CoB is going places farther than ever before, and though it was a shock to us, I think AYDY is the beginning to a refined Bodom. It leaves much room for perfection, but remember......CoB is an exceptional band:p