The first real Are You Dead Yet? -review

Elysian893 said:
all the rest of you are brainless idiots who blindly follow this band while they fuck you in the ass with this shit of an album.

Liking the new album = blindly following the band. Nice thought process there Einstein. Dry your tears and get over the dissapointment. I thought "adults" knew how to handle stuff like this :D

Elysian893 said:
and if i ever see bodom again, and they play songs off this shitpile i'll definately be in the front row booing them.

Elysian893 said:
grown up people? :lol: what do you think i am? a 12 year old? i'm 23 years old, i think i'm a bit grown up.

Just double checking here. Is the 23 a typo and should be 13 instead?

Shadeg said:
..but I guess you're just pissed off at everything (you're giving me an English lesson, saying I defend everything they do..) because you didn't like how AYDY turned out. Well what can I say? Boo-fucking-hoo man. I guess the new more thrashy COB just isn't for you. I'd tell probably tell you to go back to listen to Stratovarius if I didn't know you well enough to know that you're gonna do it anyway.

Hey, sorry man. I may have been kind if pissed off earlier, but I'm over it. I respect what you do at SoB and I have no reason to bash you except for when you tried to correct that guy's English. AYDY is probably the best unreleased material that I've heard from any band right now! I just wouldn't mind something in the vein of Hatebreeder again and I don't think that's necessarily a negative opinion. The new Stratovarius album came out today, but I'm not excited about it or their new style so I'm not gonna' rush out and buy it ;) AYDY> Stratovarius

Noble Viking said:
Hey, sorry man. I may have been kind if pissed off earlier, but I'm over it. I respect what you do at SoB and I have no reason to bash you except for when you tried to correct that guy's English. AYDY is probably the best unreleased material that I've heard from any band right now! I just wouldn't mind something in the vein of Hatebreeder again and I don't think that's necessarily a negative opinion. The new Stratovarius album came out today, but I'm not excited about it or their new style so I'm not gonna' rush out and buy it ;) AYDY> Stratovarius

It's all good man. I know you're a good guy. I tried to teach him English because he was bitching about the English of a fellow Finn as a native speaker which I found pretty silly. And btw, no reason to have any extra respect for me for running some silly fanboy site :)

Enemy242 said:
well he is kinda right about the new stuff not using thrash riffs, those really aren't thrash riffs at all and if they were they'd be newer thrash maaayyybee, but i don't think so. doing different open 6th string stuff over and over just with different patterns really is pretty lame imo.

And they didn't do that on FTR and HCDR. Come on!!! Have you guys even paid attention to the riffs on the other albums ?
And this is just as much thrash riffs as any megadeth, slayer, accept or any other band who play thrash-metal. Plus if you guys have noticed, there is very very many genious licks in the riff. Roope dose a great job on this album! And Alexi's solos are among some of the greatest ever. This doesnt beat hatebreeder. But we can't live in the past. And for those who categorize this under nu-metal; you don't know anything about music.

Can you show me a link to the open string melodies/riffs in AYDY, since i have tabbed almost all of the songs and have not found those. I may be retard oh. And btw. I checked on those scales, you should clean your ears and try to figure out again what scales he uses.

Rune said:
This doesnt beat hatebreeder.QUOTE]

That's just your opinion. What exactly is so damn good about Hatebreeder, could somebody explain me??? I like Silent Night, Bodom Night best from that album, and I think In Your Face is much better, and I hear there will be better songs on the album..

Joonas Lehtonen said:
What exactly is so damn good about Hatebreeder, could somebody explain me???

Hatebreeder is just genial: almost every song on that album has a complex structure, inventive licks and well thought out melodies, catchy and full of neoclassical taste, very atmospheric.

And I happen to like what I've heard off AYDY, btw. It's just that I like HB/FtR better.

Elysian893 said:
amen, at least someone has a brain here, all the rest of you are brainless idiots who blindly follow this band while they fuck you in the ass with this shit of an album.

Dude the band gave you some fucking great albums that you raped over and over and spend hours listening too and now you fuck them over just because this one album is steering in a diffrent way and not to your liking? Tell me something man? WHO THE FUCK ARE YOU ??? WHAT THE FUCK HAVE YOU EVER ACCOMPLISHED??? WHAT MAKES YOU THE HITLER OF MUSIC??

Rune said:
And they didn't do that on FTR and HCDR. Come on!!! Have you guys even paid attention to the riffs on the other albums ?
And this is just as much thrash riffs as any megadeth, slayer, accept or any other band who play thrash-metal. Plus if you guys have noticed, there is very very many genious licks in the riff. Roope dose a great job on this album! And Alexi's solos are among some of the greatest ever. This doesnt beat hatebreeder. But we can't live in the past. And for those who categorize this under nu-metal; you don't know anything about music.

by calling this thrash you're making overkill cry.

I don't care if AYDY does not look good on paper, as long as it sounds fucking good I'll be more than happy.

Elysian893 said:
good for you, you can find thrash riffs when none exist. is slayer the only thrash band you can even mention? seriously get a clue.
dude...if you want peace prepare for war is incredibly fucking thrashy and if you say its not than your a fucking idiot..plain and simple...this cd isnt there best but it has some really good songs and if you think it sounds like nu metal then again...youre a fucking idiot there are no nu metal elements to this music

Joonas Lehtonen said:
Rune said:
This doesnt beat hatebreeder.QUOTE]

That's just your opinion. What exactly is so damn good about Hatebreeder, could somebody explain me??? I like Silent Night, Bodom Night best from that album, and I think In Your Face is much better, and I hear there will be better songs on the album..
dude hatebreeder is the most genious creative album ive ever heard...its not about making the listener sit there and bang their head to mindless slow heavy metal riffs its about creative harmonies, great complicated structured music and brilliantly structured solos...CoB's solos now arent shit compared to what they used to be...for example the solo in downfall walks all over say..in your face...you may like this new cd the best...thats fine its a good album but to compare the song writing to the likes of hatebreeder really isnt fair hatebreeder is very complicated shit

the solos dont stick out as much and dont have that epic sound to them when they arent carefully composed...and also just because cob makes their music more raw/heavy does that make it better...absolutely not. It's taste, I dont understand why you cant see peoples interest in hatebreeder people like listening to the classical melodies and all that just as much as others like listening to heavy dropped c riffs

I agree with COBSteele. I am REALLY enjoying this album while most are just bitching about the thrashiness. As for the solos, I think Punch Me, I Bleed is one of the most memorable solos in their whole discog. It's not the most technical by any means and it's really short, but what sticks with me IS the epic, killer melody line in it. And Bodom0311, the IYF solo is the shittiest on the CD. Why would you even reference that comparison? The solos in We're Not Gonna Fall and Next In Line are nice, listen to those.