the REAL reason Bodom asks, are you dead yet?

Day_Before_Dawn said:
I’ve been listening to AYDY quite a bit lately, trying to give it a fair chance, and while some of the songs are good. I simply cannot comprehend how fans of a band that released albums like Hatebreeder and Something Wild can be happy with this new effort.

In Your Face, If You Want Peace and Bastards Of Bodom are good stand alone tracks. But the album as a whole is simply not good enough.
I honestly think Alexi has a lot of maturing to do still yet, as he obviously doesn't understand how to evolve. Its great to go into new styles and try new things, but you can't simply discard the sound that made you who you are. If they want to be successful they need to take their sound from Hatebreeder and such, and incorporate that into these new influences. At the moment this simply sounds like Black Label Society with keyboards to me. If that’s what Alexi wants, then fine. But they could be so much more.

Best quote yet!!!!!:worship: :worship: :worship:

Elysian893 said:
if you can't hear it in the music you need to get your ears checked, your fucking deaf. thats like saying "metallica didn't sell out with load, reload, or st anger"

Ignorant, and lame response.

Final_Product said:
You missed the point then.

the point was that CoB is beginning to sell out, which i completely disagree. I still think their music is good, and is still technical, although more chugga chugga than the other cds. I like the "heavier" sound of bodom, but i dont like it any better than their other stuff. Its another solid CoB release and I enjoy it, but im not going to say its their best.

aydy.jpg