FINALLY!!! Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? (Paperback)

I just recieved my copy. I am annoyed because there are mistakes in it that are obvious. It really annoys me how they screwed up some of AYDY when there is a lesson on Youtube for it! It is the Guitar and Vocal book it says and has lyrics for all the songs. Too bad they are wrong. I will post the whole IN YOUR FACE lyrics on the In Your Face lyrics discussion forum

Can you post scans of every tab? We, or I and the other tabbers would really like to see them so that we compare them with our stuff!

And: I will give a serious advice: Do never post again in dead threads! Alexander back in publicity is from 2006! Nobody cares about it anymore! Alexi Laiho quotes thread is over one year old and your "you know" answer was posted many time s before.
COB Songbook is from 2004!!! Wtf? You've already posted in this thread that you have the book and that it's full of mistakes!

^+1, Stop bumping up fucking old threads it's severely annoying!!! You don't go digging up on your grandma's grave do you??

AND WTF LYRICS??? If they're from the net and not written by Alexi, this is the lamest release ever approved by COB. Does it say are the lyrics by Alexi or by internet losers? I'd just be interested to see lyrics to Punch Me and Trashed.

Oh shit I accidently stepped on a landmine there....
I only just discovered (thanks to you guys) that there is a date above each post, I won't let it happen again. Im guessing that the threads I posted on are on the front page now? I thought that it only moved the ones you have commented on to your frontpage, not everyone elses. Really sorry for that and I will make it up to you guys with scanned tab copies. I owe to you guys because of all these awesome tabs you put up!

^+1, Stop bumping up fucking old threads it's severely annoying!!! You don't go digging up on your grandma's grave do you??

AND WTF LYRICS??? If they're from the net and not written by Alexi, this is the lamest release ever approved by COB. Does it say are the lyrics by Alexi or by internet losers? I'd just be interested to see lyrics to Punch Me and Trashed.

Let me describe it. The front cover has the title (album + artist) and in the top right hand corner it says "Guitar.Vocal"
The top left hand corner is a logo that says "Play it like it is GUITAR with tablature. not-for-not transcriptions. Bottom right hand corner says "Artist approved. Bottom left hand corner says Cherry lane music (logo).

In the actual book every song has the heading and the tuning and all. On the right side it says "Music and Lyrics by Aleksi Laiho". Now here are the lyrics to Trashed, Lost & Strungout and Punch me, I bleed

Punch Me, I Bleed:
From the reign I've built of shame and guilt,
I go back and take a look
At myself and what I have done so far.
At the bridge she's dying, waiting till light.

No choice to go backward.
It was okay.
shatter us, you're too cold to swing by.

Going down, I walk my way to hell, into the obscurity,
obliterating you in every way with my lifes insanity.

Uh!

Battered up again, I'm going all insane, curled up on the floor.
Wonder ways to kill the pain, and what doesn't kill you only makes you pissed off

Sweep back to kill.
The pain, make it go away.
So long to pack your shot at me,
'cause when you punch me I bleed.

TRASHED, LOST & STRUNGOUT

Once a day falling on the trail, walking blind.
Trade nothing, discretion in low.
It's hard to wait, taking yourself in honor.
I should know how low I can go.

before I go high I get very down, and I'll be going after it again and again.

Uh!

You know I can't go the other way without being trashed, lost and strungout.
When together try something,
going back to the question like what's to comming out?

before I go high I get very down, and I'll be going after it again and again.

Ow!

Come On!

Maybe I should have, could have trashed my life,
but for that I'm gonna turn to you.
And the trashed people asking my head until I sweat,
now tell me what the fuck to do

Why did you get it to the point where I could do
nothing but try to be strung out on you?
You let me drown way deep down below
for the fleeting past to let go
Until the end I raise like a battering ram, looking at my own reflection
Forever I shall kiss you goodbye to kill my soul addiction

There you go :)

Now for the tab you guys want. Not trying look lazy but its 145 of tab so could you give me some requests? I am planning on scanning certain sections and matching them up with Alexi instructional vids. For example the interlude/pre solo part in Punch Me I Bleed before the solo is so wrong. On the rockhouse method DVD Alexi plays it on the 7th fret and in this book its like
---------------
-------10------
----10----12---
-12------------
---------------
---------------

instead of

------5-----
----6---8---
--7---------
------------
------------
------------

And this happens lots, like the bit in AYDY that goes -3-0-2-2-0-
In the tab book it says -3-0-0-0-0-

The Punch Me, I Bleed solo seems pretty damn accurate though, maybe they got Alexi to approve the solos and they thought they could handle the rest? The most WTF tab in the book from what i've seen is Trashed, Lost & Strungout I think

Those lyrics are nearly word for word as the ones I've just googled on the net,either they just copied them or they are actually the right lyrics

Does it actually say Aleksi instead of alexi????

well the positioning of the notes on the fretboard is no real problem,its the mistakes in a book that is meant to be approved by Alexi is the main problem

Congrats on getting the book dude, but Alexi or Roope didn't look at those tabs, I can say that for sure.

There will be loads of note errors and positioning errors, purely because they don't do their "research" like me, Arcane & Epi etc do, but watching countless live videos, instructional vids, interviews, clinics, bootlegs etc to get it all right.

I'm sure it's presented well, but don't count on it being accurate.

^True, same goes for the lyrics. Maybe it's a good release for fans who are not quite hardcore fans. But I don't ever wanna see that book.

Congrats on getting the book dude, but Alexi or Roope didn't look at those tabs, I can say that for sure.

There will be loads of note errors and positioning errors, purely because they don't do their "research" like me, Arcane & Epi etc do, but watching countless live videos, instructional vids, interviews, clinics, bootlegs etc to get it all right.

I'm sure it's presented well, but don't count on it being accurate.

Yeah for sure. I am really annoyed cus I was gonna do EVERYTHING from the book but I don't want to because I know it isn't correct. I was actually going to find a song and run it by you guys to check, I still will.

Yeah you guys doing the research is awesome as. I tried it with Angels Don't Kill and found SOME stuff but couldn't finish it as I am not skilled enough. I don't know what I am going to do with the book because I am definately using the tabs on this thread.

The reason I posted 3 different threads was because I am warning people not to buy the book. Earlier in this thread you guys warned me but I HAD to be proved wrong or I would've been curious.

I said this earlier that I don't wanna scan 145 pages but I will do some songs (maybe all if you guys really really need them, maybe Hellhounds can do some too?) but I will probably do Trashed, Punch Me I Bleed and In Your Face just for now.

I really want to see the awesome first interlude or whatever it's called from Next in line. At around 1:45 I think. Otherwise IYWPPFW and I'm interested in how they tabbed LDB cause I think my guitars were pretty accurate.

I really want to see the awesome first interlude or whatever it's called from Next in line. At around 1:45 I think. Otherwise IYWPPFW and I'm interested in how they tabbed LDB cause I think my guitars were pretty accurate.

Ah damn, I might have to do 6 songs then :p
Living Dead Beat is 18 pages, IYWPPFW is 17 pages. I wish you asked for like In Your Face which is only 12 pages hehe

I will do those 2 and the awesome part with the whammy pull from Next In Line and pick 1 of these 3, trashed, in your face and punch me i bleed (whichever one is tabbed the worst lol)

Ok, thx!

Well, none of the last ones you've mentioned is tabbed bad ;) But I think we don't have an IYF tab, or? So if you can post IYF would be really cool.

But better would be all tabs cause I really want to know if they used tabs from the Tab Thread like they did with Mitch's Blooddrunk tab. But I know it's a lot of work for you...

Ok, thx!

Well, none of the last ones you've mentioned is tabbed bad ;) But I think we don't have an IYF tab, or? So if you can post IYF would be really cool.

But better would be all tabs cause I really want to know if they used tabs from the Tab Thread like they did with Mitch's Blooddrunk tab. But I know it's a lot of work for you...

It's not a lot of work if I do it over time. I have NEVER used a scanner before and thats the real problem, but we do have one so I will learn to use it tomorrow night (getting late now).

haha I meant that I will scan one of those 3 songs, whichever one the dudes from Cherry lane music tabbed the worst. Not the tab thread (which is tabbed AWESOMELY! might I add)

Are you sure they used Mitch's tab for Blooddrunk? How did you figure it out?

As far as the book is concerned many guitar songbooks have deifferent positioning but the notes are correct, you can hear them...I know it isn'y exactly as played by the band but it's still right...

Yeah but it's not. It is very frutstrating when you are playing a song and it's harder than it should be. It also sounds better on different strings. Thats why this book was supposed to be the best. Because it showed not only the correct notes but the correct positions. Obviously that was too much to ask for.

I am sending Cherry Lane Music an email asking what "Artist Approved" means aswell