FINALLY!!! Children of Bodom - Are You Dead Yet? (Paperback)

Actually, even on the Rockhouse DVD I noticed mistakes in the tabs provided. I'd bet that there will be mistakes on these 'official' tabs.

Yeah, just like blatantly wrong stuff, too. Like when he played the solo for Bodom Beach Terror, and they said it was the solo from If You Want Peace.. or something like that. It's not that big a deal though, I don't even look at the tabs, for the most part. I just put on the video and turn on the slow motion.

On the Rockhouse DVD's Alexi plays most of the stuff in a different way as he did on the album version and the tabs are also not 100% of what he plays on the Rockhouse DVD's. So how should anybody learn COB's solos when Alexi himself isn't able to play his own stuff?

Yeah, it seemed like a lot of times playing it slow threw him off, huh? Still, he's gotta be close enough to be able to give people a good idea. And maybe some things he just tried to simplify a little bit. Who knows. I still think those dvds are worth the money. But I don't trust books like this new one. =\

I saw this tab book and am very excited. My favourite album is Are You Dead Yet so it's a great choice. There are some pretty damn good solos on the other albums like Kissing The Shadows, Silent Night Bodom Night and Sixpounder. Everyone is saying a lot of the shit is tabbed wrong. I think it's pretty accurate. Who is Mitch exactly? A lot of the tab out there is wrong. People please buy this book instead of getting scanned pdf. If we don't buy they won't bother making any other album booklets. I will get the pdf UNTIL my pre order comes probably though. Alexi is great and continues to kick ass every year. I don't see why people don't like current Bodom. Tell me what you guys think

also

I saw this tab book and am very excited. My favourite album is Are You Dead Yet so it's a great choice. There are some pretty damn good solos on the other albums like Kissing The Shadows, Silent Night Bodom Night and Sixpounder. Everyone is saying a lot of the shit is tabbed wrong. I think it's pretty accurate. Who is Mitch exactly? A lot of the tab out there is wrong. People please buy this book instead of getting scanned pdf. If we don't buy they won't bother making any other album booklets. I will get the pdf UNTIL my pre order comes probably though. Alexi is great and continues to kick ass every year. I don't see why people don't like current Bodom. Tell me what you guys think

wut?

I think you need psychiatric ward.

arnold_rave.gif

Mitch's tabs are the most accurate tabs available man!!!

Have any of you seen the Rockhouse method dvd? I get my tabs off Ultimate Guitar for Guitar Pro. The highest rated ones are wrong. Comparing to the Rockhouse DVD, Punch Me I Bleed soolo and riff is wrong on UG. In Your Face solo on UG is wrong. Those are 2 that I knew and when I saw the rockhouse dvd I got pissed off cus I have to relearn them. Angels Don't Kill tab on UG is extremely wrong. In Your Face on UG (the riff where Alexi says well look at me) was played on like the 7th fret when Alexi plays it on the 1st. Theres heaps of mistakes. Thats why I think this Tab book will be awesome. AYDY is my favourite album so thats why I am happy also. Is Mitch that MitchD guy off of Youtube? If it is he is awesome. I said internet tab KINDA sucks. Its good cus its free and is people giving it their best go, but it aint perfect.

Have any of you seen the Rockhouse method dvd? I get my tabs off Ultimate Guitar for Guitar Pro. The highest rated ones are wrong. Comparing to the Rockhouse DVD, Punch Me I Bleed soolo and riff is wrong on UG. In Your Face solo on UG is wrong. Those are 2 that I knew and when I saw the rockhouse dvd I got pissed off cus I have to relearn them. Angels Don't Kill tab on UG is extremely wrong. In Your Face on UG (the riff where Alexi says well look at me) was played on like the 7th fret when Alexi plays it on the 1st. Theres heaps of mistakes. Thats why I think this Tab book will be awesome. AYDY is my favourite album so thats why I am happy also. Is Mitch that MitchD guy off of Youtube? If it is he is awesome. I said internet tab KINDA sucks. Its good cus its free and is people giving it their best go, but it aint perfect.

Hi,

I'm Mitch, mitch_d_17 off of YouTube like you guessed.

I wouldn't use Ultimate Guitar for tabs, because as you have seen, most of them are mostly wrong in fingering. Making the tab accurate in terms of HOW it's played aswell as just the notes themselves is equally important to me when transcribing material.

Me, Epi, Arcane, crawler etc from the Tab Thread do make the most accurate tabs of COB because we spend our time breaking this stuff down slowly, one guitar at a time, one hi-hat hit at a time and watch countless video footage from live shows & instructional videos to get the positioning right too.

I can say that there are some mistakes in the tabs in the Tab Thread, but not many. :saint:

There are still a few songs that need to be added there, and we will get them all done eventually, but I doubt anyone would find more accurate tabs of COB other than on here, hehe!!

Artist approved tabs = ?

They probably just printed out stuff from 911tabs.com and took them to Alexi who was in hangover and said "yeah."

Is this just guitars? I'd love to learn new keyboard stuff from that album.

Artist approved tabs = ?

They probably just printed out stuff from 911tabs.com and took them to Alexi who was in hangover and said "yeah."

Is this just guitars? I'd love to learn new keyboard stuff from that album.

Yeah im sure thats how Alexi would treat his fans. Fuck off