The first real Are You Dead Yet? -review

Jesse-

Jun 9, 2005
Vaasa, Finland
http://www.findance.com/arvostelut/arvostelu.php?childrenofbodom_areyoudeadyet

In English

Children Of Bodom doesn't follow the Bodom-trial holding their breath, but releases their fifth album Are You Dead Yet? on September 14. The band lead by Alexi Laiho continues in the form of catchy melodeath, and there isn't really any industrial metal -influences, as said in some interviews. Also, there are below ten songs like before, but the overall is even more hard.

Trashed, Lost & Strungout was the first taste from the album, which was heard in the self-titled ep already a year ago. The song still works really well with its breezy chorus. Electric guitars play excellent and Laihos vocals are full of wild expression. The albums second single-release In Your Face works even better in this album-wholeness, but nevertheless it isnt quite one of the best songs in the album.

Living Dead Beat starts with an interesting "industrial" and keyboardmelody. But when the guitars come in, the song just flies instantly into the air and the result is a pretty powerful song, that contains powder especially on the guitar-department. The album-titlesong Are You Dead Yet? brings great bombastics with its low piano and a dot above the i is a crunchy guitarsolo. If You Want Peace... Prepare For War doesnt enthuse that much, not even in its guitar-parts, but the horror-sounds does create a clear personality to the song and Laiho saves the song with his vocals.

Punch Me I Bleed is a half-tired creation, but Next In Line is again supercatchy stuff, that has very powerful drum-department, typical to the album and a hard-hitting chorus. After a "basic-good" Bastards Of Bodom, the album is ended to We're Not Gonna Fall, that contains, like every other song in the album, very clever catchiness and, in this song, especially the guitar-keyboard jointwork works really well.

Finlands one of most impressive metal-envoys has once again got together an great package and the overall is about the same class as the previous Hate Crew Deathroll -album. The best songs are behind the names Trashed, Lost & Strungout, Living Dead Beat, Next In Line and We're Not Gonna Fall, but the album is in its overall, too, very powerful beating, which does not rest nor have mercy.

8/10

Decent review. But I disagree with Bastards of Bodom being a "basic-good" that song just kicks ass.

"but the album is in its overall, too, very powerful beating, which does not rest nor have mercy."

Yeah that's why it rules.

Joonas Lehtonen said:
This review basically says T,L&S is re-recorded.

Ow please, don't start again, Shadeg told you fuck twice that it wasnt re-recorded and his source was Roope so i'd say that thats pretty reliable.

By the way can't wait to hear the new stuff! I have already heard In your Face and that rocked!! I pre-ordered the album at Large Magazine so i am going to get a nice CoB belt :headbang:

Trashed, Lost & Strungout was the first taste from the album, which was heard in the self-titled ep already a year ago. The song still works really well with its breezy chorus.

This doesn't say it's re-recorded, it could also mean that altough it was recorded and released almost a year ago, it still works well on the album and with COB's new style. Just quit the fucking discussion, wait till you get the album and listen for yourself. Roope says it wasn't re-recorded so that's final

"Electric guitars play excellent and Laihos vocals are full of wild expression"

this could mean the redone lead guitar and vocals
roope was just fucking with you, get over it

This review is stupid, its like a school child gurgling stuff just for the sake of writing something!, what a chump.
I have the miba aydy, so I wonder how much diffrence there is gona be, so far the stuff is awhsome fucking good and has some origanal new OMG alexi sounds in it. Does Roope do any solos? It sounds like its alexi in all solos, but I think preforming it live will require roope aswell.

Joonas Lehtonen said:

Your right, it could be if you read it like that.
but it doesn't have to be. Fuck it man, as i said wait till the fucking album then we will talk about it

this album pretty much sucks... having just finished listening to it all the way through, i won't be giving it a second listen, it gets deleted now... for shame bodom, for shame alexi, making a pile of shit like this.

Elysian893 said:
this album pretty much sucks... having just finished listening to it all the way through, i won't be giving it a second listen, it gets deleted now... for shame bodom, for shame alexi, making a pile of shit like this.

you shut the fuck up.

Joonas Lehtonen said:

Can`t you fucking learn to read?! If it says that, it has nothing to do the song being re-recorded. If shadeg says no, its no. and its no. who cares.

I was really anticipating it. Plus, it will sound different to all the other songs, just like Hate Me in FtR. Higher tone in the vocals and more messy guitar work.