are you dead yet thoughts

Firefest9

Hypocrisy rules!!!!!
Jan 18, 2002
Las Cruces, NM
Visit site
I know this is old news, but im not on here that often, so i thought i would post my thoughts about the new album.

Im very pleased with this new album. I think its far better than hatecrew deathroll. This reminds me of follow the reaper part 2 in some ways with a few new influenced in there as well.

The first track-living dead beat is awesome! I love the heavy ass riffing and the song structure is very solid. Track 2 are you dead yeat is pretty decent, even with the "metalcore" wierd chord in there. Track 3 "if you want peace, prepare for war" is an average track at best in my opinion.

Track 4 "punch me i bleed" i think its a great slower track. Well strucutred and reminds me of "angels dont kill" in alot of ways.

ok, enough of going through the tracks one by one, but my biggest dissapointment was that "trashed lost and sturngout" was not rerecorded during this session. It kinda sounds out of place here i think. its wierd that they rerecoreded the cover of "somebody put something in my drink", but not "trashed lost and strungout".

The production is top notch here. Everything is crisp and clear. the guitar tone is amazing!

ok enough of my rave of this album

what do you guys think?

i think you're completely wrong, how is it follow the reaper pt. 2???!! And also If you want peace is one of the best tracks on the album if not the best, and i nearly fell asleep listening to punch me i bleed!

Firefest9 said:
I know this is old news, but im not on here that often, so i thought i would post my thoughts about the new album.

Im very pleased with this new album. I think its far better than hatecrew deathroll. This reminds me of follow the reaper part 2 in some ways with a few new influenced in there as well.

what do you guys think?

It doesn't remind me of FTR in any sense :err:

to compare this cess pool of an album to FTR is just fucking sad, and stupid, unless the comparison is to point out how shitty this album is in comparison to FTR.

yep.
And the guitar tone isn't amazing. It's weak, thin, fizzy, crisp, you know, it has everything I hate in a guitar tone. Roope's guitar is much better, but you can barely hear it.

i dont know why you guys are so hard on this new record. Its shure a fuck better than hatecrew deathcrap! Follow the reaper is still, by far, their best for shure, but this new album is pretty good in its own right.

why do you guys hate this new record?

Firefest9 said:
i dont know why you guys are so hard on this new record. Its shure a fuck better than hatecrew deathcrap! Follow the reaper is still, by far, their best for shure, but this new album is pretty good in its own right.

why do you guys hate this new record?
Because it sucks, that's why.
HCDR is miles above it, even if it's not the best bodom album by a longshot. That'd be SW.

why do you think it sux? just because they arent doing 5304985 neoclasical parts in a song doenst mean they suck now in my opinoin. The songs are more structured and their sense songwriting has improved very much i think.

BloodyScalpel said:
Because it sucks, that's why.
HCDR is miles above it, even if it's not the best bodom album by a longshot. That'd be SW.

agreed..sw is actually clever not dumbed down shite

I agree. Im a new but avid fan .. and I was a lil disappointed. Not as "crunchy" and the cover has got to go. it may be a band fav.. but to put it on the album may not have been wise. I look forward to the tour.

It's just not a good album. Compared to Hatebreeder and FOR it feels like they have lost their way. I don't see it as growth whatsoever, more like development into a direction i don't enjoy quite as much.

I'm not accusing them of selling out etc, but it does feel like their sound has been severely watered down into a more commericially acceptable chunk of music.

For me it has nothing to do with this being a new album, and I am all for development and change in a band aslong as they can realise what made them kickass to begin with and improve on it. With AYDY? I felt Bodom had taken a back-step and not in a good way.

That their back-catalogue is far superior is a simple objective opinion i think for someone who has been a long-term fan of the band.

HCDR indeed is a good album but so are FTR, HB and SW but I can't say that this one sucks...it is different for sure and I can't compare the songs of AYDY to any songs on the other albums, but I like it

HCDR is actually my favourite album, for some reason.

It's not Bodom at their best, but i always listen to it more than the others.

Final_Product said:
HCDR is actually my favourite album, for some reason.

It's not Bodom at their best, but i always listen to it more than the others.

Yeah i like it alot it wad ifferant for bodom but still kept alot of those cool keybaord partsa nd insanly fast riffing and solos in....exessively heavy though!