Your favorite songs off "Are You Dead Yet?"

I just riped the cd off the net, it fucking rocks. Before I get blasted for burnning them, Iam already planning on buy 2copies 1 for the wife and 1 for me plus japanese verson. So 3 all together so I can burn them now if Iwant I think. Cob still gets my money. Now back to music, I really loved thiscd, I hope they can keep this shit up.

Joonas Lehtonen said:
I just hope it's 'mythical'

I didnt fucking hear anything 'mythical' in those 5 songs. This is what misses in this album to me, it's not bad but.. hell NOT bodom. There are several riffs that really feel warmed. It's simple... Has Bodom died when Alexander left? This is what I start thinking.

@ Follow the Reaper. Yes, Bodom did die when Alexander left cuz he was the lead writer of the songs and his replacement, Roope, is a n00b at guitar.

Also, weren't promos supposed to be sent out 3rd week of August? Whatever happened with that?

You do not know the band that good, that you can say if the the new album sucks or doesn´t. You are all just a small group of kids who just wants to listen all kinds of shit music, what´s coming from the radio! I bet that 90% of you, have linkin park, slipknot, system of a down, limp bizkit, mudvayne or any of that kind of shit on your computer. You listen to CoB, just because its nowAdays a mainstream band. Damn you all stupid assholes. I mean, Kids.

Bodom hasn´t died since Kuoppala left the band. He didn´t even make any of the songs, and any part of them at all. He just played the "other" guitar.
This band is just all about the "Laiho". Believe it. He just have a band to play his songs behind, and with him. Thats the truth.

Except: Why wouldn´t he name the band: "Children of Laiho"? Or "Children of Aleksi"
He really is a good and dedicated guitarist, but why he has to make the hole band worship him? That´s the question. And we all want to know the answer.

The Don said:
@ Follow the Reaper. Yes, Bodom did die when Alexander left cuz he was the lead writer of the songs and his replacement, Roope, is a n00b at guitar.QUOTE]

Dude, Roope is not a N00b at guitar. And Bodom didnt die when alexander left.

Excuse me: kuoppala did not write any of Children of Bodoms songs at any of the time he was in the band. Go home and listen to the new "cool" cover song of pritni. I bet thats the first way you heard about See Oo Pee.

Bastard child said:
The Don said:
@ Follow the Reaper. Yes, Bodom did die when Alexander left cuz he was the lead writer of the songs and his replacement, Roope, is a n00b at guitar.QUOTE]

Dude, Roope is not a N00b at guitar. And Bodom didnt die when alexander left.

I've noticed that people on this board are such fuckin fanboys it clouds their sense of a joke. Oh and ro0p is teh n00b 4 sur3

LoPE, you need to chill out.

Oh and your right, I started listening to CoB when Needled 24/7 premiered on MTV... NOT when Hatebreeder was released. I forgot, thanks for clearing that up with me.

LoPE said:
Bodom hasn´t died since Kuoppala left the band. He didn´t even make any of the songs, and any part of them at all. He just played the "other" guitar.

He co-wrote Bed of Razors and Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood so get your facts straight before you try to be a smartass. He also plays the RLIME1 solo.

Shadeg said:
He co-wrote Bed of Razors and Lil' Bloodred Ridin' Hood so get your facts straight before you try to be a smartass. He also plays the RLIME1 solo.

Yeah, and that's it, and some people say CoB is has died.. I know one guy who says he doesn't even want to listen to the new stuff because Kuoppala left the band.. well I tell you the new stuff is better than the old

LoPE said:
Except: Why wouldn´t he name the band: "Children of Laiho"? Or "Children of Aleksi"
He really is a good and dedicated guitarist, but why he has to make the hole band worship him? That´s the question. And we all want to know the answer.

How do you know he's making the band worship him? He just has plenty of charisma, and that's a drawspot to make people interested. You get these new bands all the time with young players and they insist you get to know every five of them and that's stupid.

Joonas Lehtonen said:
Yeah, and that's it, and some people say CoB is has died.. I know one guy who says he doesn't even want to listen to the new stuff because Kuoppala left the band.. well I tell you the new stuff is better than the old

I am going to rant on here:

Yeah, I really dig the new stuff. Although Follow the Reaper is still my favorite album. Hatecrew was a masterpiece, and anybody that says that is "american radio rock" needs to really listen to an american radio station. I am forced to listen to that garbage at the gym I go to everyday so I know what kind of crap is played on the air over here. I do not hear anything on there that remotley resembles new CoB in any shape or form.

Alexi's singing has majorly improved, it fits the sound of the song and is way better. Just listen to any of the older albums right after you listen to a new song and you will see what I mean. The riffs are more thrashier, catchy, and in your face, if you will. I mean I didn't exactly listen to albums like Hatebreeder for CoB's riffs but more for the neoclassical stuff. I like their newer riffs alot, especially in If You Want Peace that dual playing at the end is just :headbang: . Bastards of Bodom is just brilliant! My favorite song of what I have heard hands down. I certainly don't hear anything like that on the radio over here in the states.Oh yeah and leads and the keys on the new songs are just some more great memorable CoB leads and keys to be heard.

I think alot of people's problem is the fact that it's new, and alot of you are just expecting the most perfect album ever. When in reality it's really good stuff and I think you are losing out on good music if you disagree. Perhaps some people will listen and it will click with them in time. Sure it didn't hit me with that "OMG WTF THIS SHIT RULES" feeling like the first time I heard Bodom. But I don't expect that to happen since I have come to expect what I am going to hear. I remeber when the You're Better off Dead single came out. It took me a few listens for me to like that song, now it's one of my favorites. I was a nay sayer at that time, when I first heard it, I thought CoB was going down the drain. Same with Needled 24/7. I admit that I hated that song when I first heard it. In fact I would skip it whenever I put in Hatecrew. Now it's another one of my favorite songs by CoB.

On that fact, I am excited to buy this thing when it comes out. I am looking forward to hearing all the songs I have yet to hear and the songs I have heard already in way better quality. Alright I have ranted enough now, I am off to bed.

LoPE said:
, have linkin park, slipknot, system of a down, limp bizkit, mudvayne or any of that kind of shit on your computer. You listen to CoB, just because its nowAdays a mainstream band. Damn you all stupid assholes. I mean, Kids.

System of a down isn't a shit band, and you shouldn't judge everyone by they're music taste, let everyone listen what they like, i like all kind of metal, i don't give a fuck if it is black or nu metal, if song/band hits me then it does that.

i agree with COBsteele02. if you think about it, you put so much expectation towards their new album that it will be another Hatebreeder or Follow the Reaper. and once you hear it and its not, your pissed. you call them sell outs, or nu-metal and all that shit, when you dont even listen to the music and realized that its really good shit.