"Are You Dead Yet" is tr00!

The new album is definately something new and I like it
I love how they've tuned down their style and are now playing CGCFAD on their songs (I noticed this when i listened to Punch Me I Bleed)
but yea this new ablum is very badass and I like this EVEN heavier style its really awesome ps: I DONT GIVE A FLYING FUCK MOTHERFUCKER I DONT GIVE A FLYING FUCK... hahaha great stuff

I don't mind it, and i accept that bands change (except in the metallica way) but i just dont enjoy the changes to Bodom's sound as much as i did their older stuff. In saying that though...hatecrew is my favourite album, so i wouldnt call it the old stuff.

Jesse- said:
Do you even play drums yourself? Do you mean they suck technically or that they just don't fit to the song?

I dont think enough attention has been given on the drums. I like it when the guitars sound like they are following the drum line, not the other way around.

this is the way i feel about AYDY... its like their version of Metallica's Load... Load had a few songs that were kind of ok, but the album as a whole was so terrible it wasn't worth buying. its the same thing with AYDY... a few songs are kind of ok, but i'll be god damned if i'm going to waste my money on the rest of this festering pile of rat shit.

Jesse- said:
Do you even play drums yourself? Do you mean they suck technically or that they just don't fit to the song?

Are you kidding me? Can you hear the drums in the chorus? It sounds as minimal as Metallica's drums. Techincally, the drums do suck. I don't play drums, but I have played drums and I could EASILY play those drums on that part; that's how come I think they suck.

Noble Viking said:
Are you kidding me? Can you hear the drums in the chorus? It sounds as minimal as Metallica's drums. Techincally, they do suck. I don't play drums, but I have played drums and I could EASILY play those drums on that part; that's how come I think they suck.
its ok dude i think the drums suck on the whole album. very basic sounding if you ask me... and no, i'm not a drummer either, although soon i will be buying a kit.

Noble Viking said:
Are you kidding me? Can you hear the drums in the chorus? It sounds as minimal as Metallica's drums. Techincally, the drums do suck. I don't play drums, but I have played drums and I could EASILY play those drums on that part; that's how come I think they suck.

Maybe that part yes, although I'd very much like to hear it.

Elysian893 said:
its ok dude i think the drums suck on the whole album. very basic sounding if you ask me... and no, i'm not a drummer either, although soon i will be buying a kit.

This is the funny thing here, they are far from basic, if you compare to COB's other albums. Just listen to Punch Me I Bleed, all the ghostnotes and jazz-style fills he does, it's just amazing. And Next In Line, just listen to the couple of superfast/cool fills, and how his playing grooves on the keyboard/guitar solo part.

This is just what I was after. If you don't play drums, you can't say if something is easy. And I think Jaska has done almost his best on this album. I'd like to hear more grooves and jazz-style things in the future, though.

Elysian893 said:
this is the way i feel about AYDY... its like their version of Metallica's Load... Load had a few songs that were kind of ok, but the album as a whole was so terrible it wasn't worth buying. its the same thing with AYDY... a few songs are kind of ok, but i'll be god damned if i'm going to waste my money on the rest of this festering pile of rat shit.

A very good observation!!!:headbang:

My order of prefenrence of the songs:

Living Dead Beat
Are You Dead Yet?
In Your Face
Next in Line
Bastards of Bodom
Punch Me I Bleed
If You Want Peace... Prepare for War
We're Not Gonna Fall

Jesse- said:
This is the funny thing here, they are far from basic, if you compare to COB's other albums. Just listen to Punch Me I Bleed, all the ghostnotes and jazz-style fills he does, it's just amazing. And Next In Line, just listen to the couple of superfast/cool fills, and how his playing grooves on the keyboard/guitar solo part.

This is just what I was after. If you don't play drums, you can't say if something is easy. And I think Jaska has done almost his best on this album. I'd like to hear more grooves and jazz-style things in the future, though.

Don't know much about drums, basics really, but I agree. Don't know why -once again- people want to trash them. Can't fund anything shitty on them.

Jesse- said:

you don't listen to a lot of jazz do you?

Turbo said:
There was nothing there i considered Jazz at all. Of course playing instruments for the last 12 years, I know fuck all!

Then you don't know shit. There is a couple of fills in the song which are straight from jazz.