"Are You Dead Yet" is tr00!

Ok, clearly everybody's going down on Alexi for liking and getting influenced by Snotclit, Pain and whatnot, but what about the fact that this is actually the first record they did with Roope onboard instead of Alexander. Didn't he also do some rapmetal stuff with Waltari back in the days?

Nah Alexi is a bitch and writes all the songs. I'm pretty sure he even writes Janne's keyboard parts. Jaska apparently wrote tons of riffs for HCDR but Alexi didn't use any. Plus, Roope seems to be in the band for fun.. he just likes rocking out and probably doesn't care a whole lot about quality

johnnyisleet said:
when I heard AYDY for the first time I had immediate flashbacks of St. Anger. I quickly played the first 30 seconds to a minute of the tracks, turned it off and walked away pissed. Well after I was done crying and having nightmares.....

I can't describe how pleased I am with this album, I thought they could have never topped Hatebreeder or FTR but this album has everything

:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

I agreed with you all the way up to part where you tried it again, than you just lost me with your useless jibber jabber. It doesn't deserve a second chance.

Jesse, I've been playing the drums for 14 years, (since I was a wee boy) and although their may be fills that sound "neat" or "super duper" to you. There isn't actually "jazz fills". (Coming from a jazz musician....) Unless of course, I'm just listening to the wrong CD.

"jazz fills" would most like be centred around a swing feel with lots of emphasis on snare drumming and the ride cymbal.. i'm not a drummer, but I know jazz...

There are no remotely jazzy aspects on AYDY... if Jaska's not hammering away on the double bass, he's playing lame 4/4 beats with no intricacies and doing sloppy random tom fills.

GhostOfPerdition said:
"jazz fills" would most like be centred around a swing feel with lots of emphasis on snare drumming and the ride cymbal.. i'm not a drummer, but I know jazz...

There are no remotely jazzy aspects on AYDY... if Jaska's not hammering away on the double bass, he's playing lame 4/4 beats with no intricacies and doing sloppy random tom fills.

Jazz and Jazzmetal is a different thing. Jazzmetal has just small details, accents and stuff like that, which are jazzinfluenced. As Jaska says in a Finnish interview, he likes to listen to jazz and jazzdrummers.

I don't know how you can't hear them on this new CD, because he uses those every now and then. He uses them also in Follow The Reaper (album). Just read SOB.com's Jaska Drum Special article, so you can read examples.

I can give a very small example also. In Hate Me!, listen to the second fill in the song, at about 0:20, listen to the hi-hat. Kind of hard to explain, but when he hits the hi-hat, he raises his leg a little bit, but doesn't let the hi-hat play freely. And that technique is often used in jazz.

And about those lame comps... when you say that, it gives me an impression that you haven't heard the CD very much.

Jesse- said:
Jazz and Jazzmetal is a different thing. Jazzmetal has just small details, accents and stuff like that, which are jazzinfluenced. As Jaska says in a Finnish interview, he likes to listen to jazz and jazzdrummers.

I don't know how you can't hear them on this new CD, because he uses those every now and then. He uses them also in Follow The Reaper (album). Just read SOB.com's Jaska Drum Special article, so you can read examples.

I can give a very small example also. In Hate Me!, listen to the second fill in the song, at about 0:20, listen to the hi-hat. Kind of hard to explain, but when he hits the hi-hat, he raises his leg a little bit, but doesn't let the hi-hat play freely. And that technique is often used in jazz.

And about those lame comps... when you say that, it gives me an impression that you haven't heard the CD very much.
in my humble opinion, i think you are just trying to find the good in the album, which i really can't fault you for, because i tend to do the same thing... i just can't do it with AYDY.

Poorest so far but not their worse?

What do you mean by that?

Same opinion from me, doesnt float my boat as much as its predecessors.

HauknessX said:
and you cant expect them to have the same exact style they did 8 years ago

Well duh, it was their first album, so don't expect a fixed style. And all of their cd's had their own vibe, with slight style changes. HCDR for instance was pretty cool, but totally different from the previous. I liked HCDR, but I'm not really impressed by this one.