Am I the only one here who likes Are You Dead Yet?

Heartless Name: Those lyrics to AYDY are differnt from the ones i have. I thought the beginning was "DOn't hear, don't deem" and a lot of other parts are differnt too. Well, i got mine from some site then i looked it up over here and they were the same.

Whenever i listen to a band that sounds really good, i have to know the lyrics. It makes a song more meaningful. It's good when the music sounds good but when you know the lyrics it feels like you feel more connected with the song. It's unsatisfying not knowing the lyrics. THe lyrics for In your face are really good. It's my fave out of that whole AYDY album.

I wish they sold more band shirts in girl sizes. THe only ones i have is a cradle of filth and cannibal corpse shirt in girl sizes. Then the rest are just regular sizes and they seem big on me.

Heartless_Name said:
Eh, cool. I always found wearing bands shirts and reading lyrics sorta, poseurish. But maybe that's just cause around here, all the kids who wear Bodom and Borgir shirts are hardcore phags.

says the guy with lyrics in his signature

1. Bobvex long time no see, you haven't been on MSN much except for webmessenger and i'm lazy.
2. Lady knowing the lyrics or not doesn't make you a better fan and seriously, cradle are shit now and you offend cannibal corpse by owning a tshirt.

bobvex said:
says the guy with lyrics in his signature

LMAO! Eh! BOO TO YOU!

I mean like people who parade around, proud that they know all the lyrics and think they're better than anyone else for doing so! You know what I mean? LMAO THOUGH... and then there's the losers who don't know shit about the band, and wear the t-shirt acting all hard, Ionna... I should have been more clear with my comment. I thought everyone else generally felt that way too :p

Led By the Reaper: I just learn the lyrics for my own satisfaction cuz they are either really poetic/something incredible. And it annoys me when i don't know what they're saying. It'll keep getting stuck in my head until i know it by heart.

It is really a good thing searching and reading the lyrics... yeah, the most is given to us from the melody, the sound, the rhythm, but once you know the text of one song... you can appreciate it a lot more...and you could like it for more time, avoiding the risk to feel bored about it.
Well, so it happens to me.
And despite CoB themselves told that they do not pay more attention to their songs' lyrics, there are many their lyrics that aren't silly or superficial at all...
Maybe they're harsh or too synthetic, yes, but if you really "find the key" to read them... you see that they are not that "absurdity".
Personal opinion, obvious.

^same with me. I really thought they should have put the lyrics for AYDY. They were really good and it deserves getting noticed.

I think he should have put the lyrics for every song and then a huge FUCK YOU to people that don't like them. I like knowing what he's saying and it's annoying that I can't find out.

Lady_Laiho said:
^same with me. I really thought they should have put the lyrics for AYDY. They were really good and it deserves getting noticed.

No matter who you are good lyrics cannot be written in 2 weeks while locked in your apartment with a bottle of whiskey.

I thought this was impossible in this forum,but I'm glad to see that there's more people that thinks AYDY? is not shit.Thanks Krulla.AYDY? is,in my opinion,as good as each other album.I know(as guitarist that I am)that is much easier to play any song from AYDY? than songs from the other albums,but the fact that COB releases an album like this means for me that they still have will to make new albums and try new things and that they've not stopped in a level and started to make copies to earn money.And respect the fact of Aexi's guitarist technic,he can't be worse than before if he can still play plenty of what he played before.

<-Warheart-> said:
I think he should have put the lyrics for every song and then a huge FUCK YOU to people that don't like them. I like knowing what he's saying and it's annoying that I can't find out.

Some of them just don't have purpose. He just does the songs, and goes 'here be lyrics' but it doesn't mean a shit what they say, so it's better he doesn't publish them. But there are some lyrics he should've, like Punch Me I Bleed, Mask of Sanity, Knuckleduster, In Your Face..

I don't get why theres so many ppl saying that AYDY is a quote "shit pile" and what not. So the neo-classical thing just kind of "faded out" as Alexi put it...that doesn't mean that their new stuff sucks....all the guitar and keyboard playing is still incredible...it's all just done with a different approach...and not talkin shit on them, but some of the lyrics on their older albums dont seem to make much sense to me lol..but AYDY rocks!:headbang:

BiteTheScytheBitch! said:
...and not talkin shit on them, but some of the lyrics on their older albums dont seem to make much sense to me lol..

I guess you have to keep in mind that English is not Alexi's native tongue. He may be able to speak English well now but not back then.

no I liked it.

In fact,I'm wearing the AYDY shirt,something I just picked up before I left the house,so comfy.

Anyways,as far as knowing the lyrics and all,I don't think it makes you look like a poser,it shows that you put enough effort to actually know the words. Say you'd like to cover the song, or you sing it along with the band at their shows,you can't do that if you don't know the lyrics.

And of course,you look like an idiot if you sing the wrong words.

Joonas Lehtonen said:
Some of them just don't have purpose. He just does the songs, and goes 'here be lyrics' but it doesn't mean a shit what they say, so it's better he doesn't publish them. But there are some lyrics he should've, like Punch Me I Bleed, Mask of Sanity, Knuckleduster, In Your Face..

Tbh, I really don't care what he writes about. I just like knowing.