Am I the only one here who likes Are You Dead Yet?

I love "Something Wild"... this album has an obscure sound, plus reason that it's took me from the beginning.
And it's also an album in which Alexi's vocals are very appreciable.... well, that's my opinion.

Direngrey: How many times have you made a new account!!! You gaara freak! LOL

Something Wild was a very good album. That album was a good way to start off. I loved Red light in my eyes pt.I and II

Krulla said:
Hello, long time lurker, first time poster.

Before anyone claims otherwise, no, I'm not a neu-metal kiddie. I've been listening to (and playing, as a bassist) to metal most of my adult life, and my playlist mostly includes Power Metal (Blind Guardian, Helloween, Dragonforce, etc), Melodic Death Metal (Arch Enemy, Kalmah, old In Flames, before they sucked), and old Heavy Metal (Iron Maiden, Manowar, etc).

So. Ahem.

Hello, I am Krulla and I like Are You Dead Yet?
At first I didn't like it, at all - Mostly because it didn't sound like the Hatecrew I know and love - However... I can honestly say I think it's as good as Follow the Reaper and Hatebreeder.
It's different than the masterpieces Hatebreeder and FTR, to be sure - And some people claim this is due to the Hatecrew "Selling out".. However.... the opposite is literaly the truth. If they had kept churning out HB and FTR copies for the last five years, that would have been selling out - When they released those two, they were little more than bright eyed, fresh fashed, borderline alchohlic teenagers from some obscure middle of nowhere town in Finland. They have obviously changed and matured as people, and if they're music didn't reflect that, they'd be selling out, making copies of their most popular records for simple monetary gain, not artistic value.

AYDY? is a good album. Sure, there are a few not-so-hot songs, but there are also plenty of good ones - Living Dead Beat and We're not gonna fall are awesome. There are, to me at least, no utterly aweful songs on it.
People complain it doesn't include enough shredding, like HB and FTR, but shredding isn't the scale on which musicianship is judged. The shredding on AYDY? is good, and fits the songs - it's not shredding for shredding's sake. I've got a 16 year old cousin which is a excellent guitarist, and can shred like it's noone's business, but does that make him a great musician? No. It means he's a good guitarist. Music isn't about showing the world how technically good you are, it's about making art.

It's not their best, sure, but it's not bad either.

So, if you actually LIKE Are You Dead Yet?, speak up!
yes. there are some who like aydy :)

The Bringer said:
The intro to Touch Like Angel of Death makes my teeth hurt. The Nail is probably one of my favorite songs by Bodom.

The Nail is one of mine too. Just a GREAT song any way you look at it. and yes that intro kick ass. RLimE, pt I is my fav song on the album though, just for the lyrics. I'm not saying its the best, musically, the some of the other songs surpass it. I just love it for the lyrics!

What the fuck am I saying, all the songs have amazing lyrics!

The Bringer said:
The older albums have some good lyrics. Especially Bed of Razors and Children of Bodom. But lately... no.

Well ionna about that... I like them. :D

"Don't care, don't deem,
drown in before you die
don't care, commit,
to your self destruction drive
I kiss the ground, with love beyond forever
flip off, the skies, with bleeding fingers till I diiiiiiiee!!
Enemy take one good look at me,
eradicate what you will always be,
tainted flesh polluted soul!"

and many, many more. My fav lyrics from AYDY are from In Your Face.
Just cause I'm a violent crazy motherfucker who don't take no shit.

Rock Hydra said:
die = dive

Yeh, I was going from um, my mind, like what I heard the lyrics to be that's why I stopped, as I'm unclear of the rest of the lyrics, at least not 100% sure and didn't want to make an ass of myself, guess I failed. I don't research CoB lyrics, unless I REALLY can't understand anything, since it doesn't really matter anyways to me, but thanks.

Admit it though, it does sound similar, like if you didn't google the lyrics and were just listening to the song? ADMIT IT! I don't want to look like a dumbass :p

Heartless_Name said:
Yeh, I was going from um, my mind, like what I heard the lyrics to be that's why I stopped, as I'm unclear of the rest of the lyrics, at least not 100% sure and didn't want to make an ass of myself, guess I failed. I don't research CoB lyrics, unless I REALLY can't understand anything, since it doesn't really matter anyways to me, but thanks.

Admit it though, it does sound similar, like if you didn't google the lyrics and were just listening to the song? ADMIT IT! I don't want to look like a dumbass :p

I don't think anything, since when I first listen to an album that's been out for a while, I usually read along with the lyrics.

Eh, cool. I always found wearing bands shirts and reading lyrics sorta, poseurish. But maybe that's just cause around here, all the kids who wear Bodom and Borgir shirts are hardcore phags.

I just wanna know what's being said. I find that I can connect better with the song if I actually know what's being said. I found a whole new appreciation for the song In Your Face when I actually knew the lyrics. Also, I buy band merch, since a higher percentage of money generally goes to the band from buying merch, than the actual album itself.

Heartless_Name said:
Eh, cool. I always found wearing bands shirts and reading lyrics sorta, poseurish. But maybe that's just cause around here, all the kids who wear Bodom and Borgir shirts are hardcore phags.

zOMG i own a dimmu AND a bodom shirt.. :erk: