So I think I have album artwork

my initial impression was that it was going to depict the fallen birdhouse in much more realistic terms, but i think i like the symbolic way much better, now that i think about it.

Actually Toby, I don't mind the name change at all now. I sort of like it.

I like to think that my mind is open to different things. Otherwise I wouldn't be a fan of your band and I wouldn't be posting here. I'd be much more disappointed if your cover idea resembled the ones of Bath/LYBM or My Fruit. I don't think the problem is me wanting you to remind me of other things that I like.

I didn't have a knee-jerk "oh it's different and I don't like it" response to the cover album and title. I thought about it for a while before I made up my mind, and I still don't like it.

It's cool if you won't take my suggestions (I don't expect you to do what I want you to do), I just thought my input would be appreciated.

And how can you say that I won't like the album because I don't like the aesthetic you're trying to achieve with the album cover/title? I don't think either of those things have anything to do with that. I DO like A Silver Mount Zion, I just think their titles are ridiculous. I still think I'll like the music because I'm a big fan of your earlier work. You could name the album "Totally Pooping" and it wouldn't really affect my opinion of the music in the album.

Just my two cents. =\

Hahah Toby rules. Dude I love the new name, album cover/title. I also also commend thee for sticking by it in the lew of a few "haterz", even if it did come off as assholian. You still rule, ;)

FalseTodd said:
Y'know...I'm so sick of this argument. If you want to bash people and imply that they're "just not getting it" every time they say something that goes against your opinions, go ahead.

i don't follow. you're saying it's ok to bash people and imply that they're "just not getting it" every time they say something that against the other's opinions?

for me, i'm always down for dissension as long it's intelligent. and sometimes, yes indeed, someone's "not getting it" is an actual case for not liking music. the notion shouldn't be written off just because for some reason it offends a guy. and, imo, this reason would have to be extremely petty. discuss or defend. it's ridiculous to get all self-righteous and act affronted by other people's assertoins. only people who are full of themselves and stuck up act that way.

ps. the above post has nothing to do with toby's posts, who, as far as i'm concerned, is fully entitled to reject any "input." it's his work, it's his creation. my post is about "musical criticism" in general.

just making myself clear since my writing isn't very good.

I think you missunderstood MR.TODD's comments... I dont think he was condoning (sp?) such behaviour.. just voiceing his frustration.

i know that. but literally his writing expresses something else. i think he'll understand where i'm coming from since my posts are kind of a carry over from another thread. ;)

Reactions: ChromeLife