So I'm in the market for a new amplifier

ThoughtLeech

That Guy
Oct 6, 2003
Buffalo, NY, USA
www.myspace.com
I figured this would be a good place to ask, seeing as there are quite a few knowledgable/skilled musicians here.

I was previously using my ESP Eclipse Deluxe (incredible axe) or my Gibson Explorer through a Marshall AVT-150 head/1960A cabinet half stack and for the most part was pleased with it's tone, but i've had it for a while and the head's starting to die on me. I guess we could say my musical style is for the most part metal, with a touch of prog/blues/rock. My band can be found here: www.myspace.com/lostcausemetal. That should give you a fair idea of musical style.

Got any suggestions of what i should look into? I'm not too concerned about price, but i would like to keep it under 2500USD.

I've been thinking about the Genz Benz El Diablo, also thinking about going rack mount with a rocktron prophecy but i am not too familiar with rack units. I haven't gone to try any of these out yet, but i'm taking suggestions as to what to look into. I'm not gung-ho for any particular brand, so what do you think?

I would recommend going to Voodoo amps and have them make you a custom rig. I have one that I acquired in a trade and it is pretty solid. Kinda similar to the JCM 800 of the 80's. I traded my JCM 900 for it.