I'm in the market for a turntable and MP3 player

JayKeeley said:
When it comes to MP3 playback, is there such a thing as inferiority?
Of course there is, none of them sound as good as the CD they were once part of. :loco:

JK ... do you currently have a turntable?
Most receivers, stereos nowadays do not have a phono input, so make sure you have one on your system ... otherwise you will need a phono preamp ... cheap one is about $30

that is pretty cool ... not a bad deal for those upgrades.

JK ... if you are ever in Manhattan and you have some time, stop by Sound by Singer on 16th Street off 5th Ave.
It's a very high end audio store, but the staff is really cool and they will let you demo really high end stuff. They have some amazing setups in about 10 rooms.

I was reading about some dude in Manhattan that custom builds stereos for people, like the dude spends a few days with you learning your personality and shit, THEN goes and builds you something to cater to you. Costs were phenominal, but I have to admit I thought it was a cool idea. Same place? I read about them shitz in Playboy a month or two ago.

no, this store is just a high-end audio dealer.
that guy sounds cool though. wonder what he would build if handed a crate of BM discs? :D

lurch70 said:
that guy sounds cool though. wonder what he would build if handed a crate of BM discs? :D

This:

BIG_8TrackRobot.JPG

Note intricate selection methodology:

A = Darkthrone, Emperor
B = Manowar
C = Cradle of Filth, lolcore

JayKeeley said:

I think I might have this one, at least it looks just like it. It's ok and if the sound isn't how you like it, just change the cartridge to something more expensive, but for me, this has ok sound. Only thing is, that it doesn't have anything automatic (no return or anything), so you must control everything, but who cares. When playing vinyl, it's when you're really listening music and not just putting something to the background.

Ah, but you can play Gameboy games on your iRiver with hacked firmware. Try doing that on your 512MB shitstick :Smug:

Marksveld said:
$300 for a 40 gig iRiver? Do it up, that's all I have to say about that...

...what :confused:

JK ... did you get the external HD yet? curious how it is ... looking to pick one up also.

Since my CD player got lost, I've just been sticking to my own thoughts when out and about and been listening to music at home. It's kinda fun, and I'll be damned if I'm gonna spend hundreds on a new portable audio device when I could be buying music instead!

lurch70 said:
so how is it?
does it transfer from PC to external pretty quick?

Haven't got round to it yet. :oops: Still, it's USB so I'm sure it'll be fine. Just a case of drag and drop.

[I still need to get an MP3 player at some point, at least before I start hitting the airports again.]

[I still need to get the turntable too. I haven't got time to shop around, I may just order the Technics on line and pay the shipping. To hell with it, I don't think I'll find this model in a store, not for $120 anyway.]