so, who plays in a band then?

Bodylouseuk

Englishdeity
I play guitar in a band with a guy who sings and plays bass (but he sucks and is really holding my musical genius back) and an occasional drummer. Want to do an Anthrax cover but not sure which one I'm thinking, I am the law or only, any suggestions. Oh and who does play in a band?

Yeah I play Bass and sing in a band with a guitarist and an occasional drummer, but our guitarist is useless, on the odd occasion he turns up for practice with all the strings on his guitar he just complains that his wrists aches after five minutes, and he can never remember how any of the songs go, even the ones he wrote.

MindMorgue.

My Musical history:

1-Learned piano and took lessons from the time of age 7 to age 15. Still play piano*

2-Learned Alto sax at age 11 and played till age of 19 in college jazz band. I don't play the sax anymore(suppose I could, but dont')

3-Learned Bass guitar at age 15 and I'm still playing (I'm best at the bass by far)

4-Starting learning electric and acoustic guitar at 18 and I still play both.

5-I can kinda play drums, anything with a crappy AC/DC beat I can play, but if your talking Charlie type drums, I'm lost for sure!

6-I've learned how to use my drum machine like a champ, so I've got programming skills to boot!

Bands I've played in:

1st- I first played in a metal band that did a shit tone of Metallica covers called "Physcosis" and we later changed our name to "Woodskull".

2nd- In college I played in a grunge/metal band called "Uncle Fuzz" which was fun.

3nd- I moved to Seattle and joined a straight up grunge wanna be pop band named "Illicit Smile" which was fun but a waste of time.

4th- After returning to Wyoming(Arrrgggghhhh) I finished school and also played with "Uncle Fuzz" again (just for fun) and also helped form a band named "PorchWater" which to this date is the best band I have ever been in. "PorchWater" sounded like a cross between Kings X and The Allman Brothers. I also formed a side project (which was heavier) and was finally granted the chance to be the vocalist in a project called "Sunset Underdog". I'll be honest with you, I'm not a great vocalist so it didn't work but it was still fun!

5th- I tried out for a band when I first came down to Utah named "Myrimid" and half the band liked me and the other half didn't like my vocals so long story short, I didn't get hired for this band.

6-Moved to Salt Lake City and underwent a change that I never thought would happen. I actually became engulfed with Rap, and Hip Hop and have since(last three years) gone in that direction hence the name "AugDawg" which is funny cause people have been calling me that all my life.

*I love Heavy Metal with a incredible passion still to this day, I just don't play it anymore! It's great though, for all the musical types that I've played there has always been Anthrax CD's in my collection. A word of advice to any young musician, "Play hard, and play to have fun! Because if your not having fun, then what are you playing for?"

Mmmmmm I don't know how you did it but your right BP me and mindmorgue do play in the same band although I think we will be splitting due to musical differences or me twating him really hard.I'd like a female vocalist so how are you fixed BP we practise on a thursday, will the three thousand mile trip be a problem theres a free curry and can of coke for you and Mr morgue will wear his red shorts for you. The drummer only has one sound level LOUD which is great you might say, but not when we practise in Mr Morgues front room and the nieghbours have a large alsation with delicate hearing. were called Mindmorgue, and play deathpunk but the Britney influences shine through.

Augdawg2 you really need to get into journalism I'm sure you could wax lyrical about a bag of straw. Great musical history I doth my bowler hat to you. Just one thing bothers me I really can't see me wearing a tour shirt with the name "porchwater" on it love King x though got any demos of your stuff. :D

Originally posted by Bodylouseuk
Mmmmmm I don't know how you did it but your right BP me and mindmorgue do play in the same band although I think we will be splitting due to musical differences or me twating him really hard.

You don't want to do that mate. If you twatted me really hard you would probably just break your knuckles. :devil: (you know it's true)

You forgot to mention that the drummer needs 10 minutes warning of time changes too :D
<MindMorgue wanders off to press his best red shorts>

MindMorgue.

ps. Go on, ask him how he broke his wrist (snigger)

First of all, I don't want to know how ANY man broke his wrist. Too much info, thank you very much.

Second, I couldn't carry a note if you put it in a paper bag and handed it to me. Probably what sparked my John Bush fixation, since he's so much better at it than I am. Now, if you want your singer to sound like a dying cat, I'm THERE, man. I can belt it out in the shower though, go figure.

One last thing...Red shorts...Woo-hoo!!! LOL

:Shedevil:

Hey Bodylouseuk!

Actually, all the music I mentioned I do have on CD! Here is a list of all that I have and what I actually did musically on each album. I've been playing around with the idea of getting some of this music posted, but I'll try to email you some songs! Let me know which era you would like to hear! Cool Beans mang, musicians are great people! I appreciate everybody here on this page who understands that statement! For years I've been torn between wanting to make a career out of it, but I finally realized over the past three or four years that just being apart of this is the real reward!

1-Double CD of WoodSkull 1-studio 2-Live Title: Eyes of the Dragon* Played bass, some vocals*

2-Several Uncle Fuzz releases(I actually don't have copies of these right now but the old drummer does so I can get them) Titles: You'll never get out of this life Alive! *Played bass

3-Illicit Smile-full CD album, title: Lake Union *Played bass

4-Sunset Underdog-full CD album, title: Time waits for Souls
*Played Guitar, bass, all vocals

5-PorchWater-full CD album, title: 3 miles* played bass

6-Myrimid, five song CD from my audition *Vocals

7-AugDawg, full album, title: Texture and Attitude *Drum programming, all keyboards, all bass, all guitar, all raps and vocals except my buddies Sickness and D-Node add some of their raps too!

8-Cerabus(Horror Rap trio with AugDawg, D-Node, and Biff), full album, title: Cerabus* all drum programming, all keyboards, all bass, all guitar, and Raps!

Current projects now in the works:

AugDawg: FU2

Cerabus: Second album(untitled so far)

Jesus you've made more records than Anthrax. :D
Cerebus sounds interesting looking forward to hearing some on your website. will you be posting some porchwater as well Kings X Galactic cowboys love um so if it sounds like that should be good. cute daughter by the way.

BrAtPrInCeSs, can't carry a note, sound like a dying cat.........ur in, when can you start?

You're right. If they'll sign Britney, they'll sign me too, right???
Someone call Jive, those bastards will sign anyone who doesn't play their own instruments. There's a logistics problem here though. We have to do band practice over speakerphone, and I just don't think it would work. Maybe I'm just too negative though. I like the can of coke idea, but I'm just not into curry. Get me a happy meal and we've got a deal. I nominate Aug as our manager. He can be the one running around in a panic when I'm too busy acting like a diva to show up for a gig. LOL Or when our drummer (who is that guy, anyway?) is too stoned to play.

Aug, your daughter is a cutie. If I had a website, I'd put my son on it, but I suck at that shit. how old?? Well, it's time to give my son his daily cheerios before he starts a revolt. Later.

I'm in my second 'proper' band, though a proper band for me is just being able to get some guys together for any length of time. Gigs are out of the question until we find a lead guitarists who isn't a shithead, and I don't have a nose-diving education to worry about :mad:

First 'proper' band was with a fantastic lead guitarist, and great drummer and a good other guitarist (I play bass). We even had a singer for one practise, but he was a druggie and I doubt he'd've turned up for more even if we wanted him too ;)
We were really damn good together, we pulled together some great covers and started working on our own stuff, and our drummer even had recording facilities in his house. Unfortunately, we couldn't even stay focussed on which covers we were doing (only one or two of which could be counted as Metal, which is my life of course :cool: ) let alone original stuff. Then the lead player had a power trip that just destroyed the band.

Now I've got together with another guy and the second guitarist from the previous band. Only had two practises but have five good songs to work on already - may not need any covers! :D This should be the Metal band I've craved, if I can sort out some commitment problems and fail my GCSEs, who knows where things will lead?!

Thanks for listening! And augdawg - might be getting hold of you sometime soon ;) cya round guys! :p

Our drummer is a strange fellow 7 foot tall and goes by the name of Hewhore. This is due to his astonishing ability to get women to sleep with him, its a height thing I think. Great the line ups sorted Drums- Hewhore. Guitar and sitar-Bodylouse. (crappy)Bass-Mindmorgue. vocals and belly dancing- BratPrInCESS. Management and only talented musician Augdawg. Heres what happens BP, you send us a tape of vocals we put music to it, you are paid in chocolate. Augdawg does the buisness with record companys- album deal, you record vocals in a studio where you live the rest of the band record in London. Anthrax tour England Aug gets us the support slot, you fly to England, duet with Mr Bush every night. Kick mindmorgue out of band for chocolate milk shake abuse and being an arse. You decide to go solo and knock britney of number 1. so yes you were being too negative do you see what could happen with a little faith. Like Slipknot we need an image which will be red shorts you may be allowed to wear some sort of top as well but we'll sort that out when the contracts are signed. Right get some harmonies down on tape and were off. scooby dooby Gregthrax where are you? (Brat needs a groupie)

Little problem with that theory. I'd probably pee myself if I had a duet with Mr. Bush. Or faint. Or vomit. Or any combo of the three. More importantly, he'd probably beat me to death with a microphone for sucking so badly. I know I sure as hell would if I were him. Yes, I can tell you that your drummer is getting tons of women if he is 7 feet tall. It's just a fact. Women get all stupid over a tall guy. That's why short guys have to have more personality to keep our attention. My sister (who is 5'10" herself) said she likes tall guys so she can wear heels and not be towering over her date. Now, if you're going to pay me in chocolate, you're going to have to include some chocolate slim-fast, or the belly dancing thing ain't happening. And thank you for maybe allowing me to not have to be topless all the time. What a gent.

I was in a hardcore punk band called Benedict Oswald. We didn't amount to shit, but I'm still friends with two of the guys and we throw a huge 4th of July party every year where we jam. God bless America....

j

Ayeka, Jeffasin, Bodylouseuk, MindMorgue, this is so cool that we all play something! It's cool to hear that you could have a perspective project bRaTpRiNcEsS! Music has been apart of my life for so long(playing and listening) that I can't live without it! I'll let you guys know once I have more stuff posted for my site, and I'm working on sound samples for the site as well. When it comes to music, Nike said it best "Just do it!" Guys & Girls let me know once you've got something posted so I can hear it! Good luck everybody with your new projects!

A great grand music swapping sess. would be cool :cool:

Reminds me, augdawg - I would ask if y'could email one o' yer songs, but I fit my Hotmail account would heamorrage :bah: got anywhere we can download it from, or do we wait until yer sound samples are up?

Hey I am a drummer! Been playing for eight years or so. But I am too far away from you guys. Maybe I could record some beats in WAW and send it to you via email... peace :))