So I'm in the Market for

RichMinerva

New Metal Member
Jul 27, 2009
Some new monitors,

At the moment I have the alesis m1 actives and tbh they arnt really at all what I expected but yet were the first pair I ever bought,

I was looking at the yamaha hs50's but surely drivers about the same price arent that much better? Nor can I justify (to the wife) spending Adam a7x money. As much as I'd love to, I also hear krk's are muddy bass heavy territory.

Any advice or tips on the yamahas or others would be incredible :)

The Yammy HS monitors are actually really great bang-for-your-buck choices. I would go with the 8's just because the extended range on the lows of the larger model is really desirable, but if your budget keeps you at the smaller version you're still going to get something solid.

The Yammy HS monitors are actually really great bang-for-your-buck choices. I would go with the 8's just because the extended range on the lows of the larger model is really desirable, but if your budget keeps you at the smaller version you're still going to get something solid.

Thanks mate :)

Well my m1's have a really shoddy low end,
Do you the 50's translate it better or barely at all? Cos I have the smaller Samson stands. Will they fit on there do you think? The 80's I mean :)