New Entry to Monitor Market - Signals Clarity

^Exactly... I mean... I don't think people realize how a large company works, either. I'm sure $5000 Adams cost the company less than 1/5 that price to build, but you don't see people complaining about paying that much for those. These are certainly priced appropriately, especially with the discount. I just wish that shipping to me wasn't ~$120 :(

Also, maybe I'm missing it somewhere... but where exactly does it say that these new Signals monitors are using Dayton woofers, tweeters and crossovers? I know he's using their power amp to power them... but that doesn't mean he's using their speakers?

I use Dayton components because they spec'd well for the design criteria.

Crossovers are not Dayton, they are hand made out of high end Solen parts.

Also check shipping costs again, predictions are now more accurate, and likely lower.

I use Dayton components because they spec'd well for the design criteria.

Crossovers are not Dayton, they are hand made out of high end Solen parts.

Also check shipping costs again, predictions are now more accurate, and likely lower.

MUCH better - down to $55 now... Definitely going to consider picking up a pair now... Though, it says shipping isn't available if I try to buy it with the power amp? Obviously, I can source that locally, but I swear it was available before. Just a heads up, if something is broken there.

While I love the ns10s, I want something that's a bit more full. The equators weren't working for me so mhabe these are the tickets

i will probably grab a pair, shipping to aus would be horrendous though plus id need an amp for 240v. Where in canada are you im around often enough to collect and fly em back with me

MUCH better - down to $55 now... Definitely going to consider picking up a pair now... Though, it says shipping isn't available if I try to buy it with the power amp? Obviously, I can source that locally, but I swear it was available before. Just a heads up, if something is broken there.

Yeah I only entered one box size that I have available, and it's not big enough for the Claritys + the amp, so the site freaks out. I'll source some larger boxes that could fit both and put the dimensions into the website soon!

I'm not sure if I'll continue offering the amps. I love the idea of offering a turn key package, but there's a couple oddities. Firstly, the Dayton APA 150, while good for bang for buck, has RCA jacks. I'd rather something like a Crown D75 which uses XLR/TRS, but those are discontinued. I guess Bryston even uses RCA jacks, so maybe that's not that weird. I also could inexpensively throw a couple RCA to 1/4" TRS or XLR converters in with each order. Then it makes your monitoring cables unbalanced, but that's not a big deal for such a short run. Secondly, if I just order the amps and have it shipped to peoples houses from a place closer to them it is often less expensive anyway. Thirdly, I'm not marking the amps up at all so I make no profit off of that end anyway.

i will probably grab a pair, shipping to aus would be horrendous though plus id need an amp for 240v. Where in canada are you im around often enough to collect and fly em back with me

We're based in Calgary, Alberta.

While I love the ns10s, I want something that's a bit more full. The equators weren't working for me so mhabe these are the tickets

What did you not like about the equators?

Yeah, these are a lot like an NS10 with an extended frequency response and much flatter, but they're still a sealed monitor utilizing a 7" woofer - nearly critically damped for additional accuracy (reduces transient ringing) again at the cost of bass extension - so don't expect a huge low end. F3 (frequency at which the response has dropped 3 db lower than the average) is around 70 hz, and it drops off pretty quickly below that. Then again, the F3 of the NS10s I measured was around 150 hz, so... :)

However that low end dropping off under 70 hz, with room gain and boundary gain from people putting them directly on desks, could possibly produce an extended low end in a lot of cases - which is pretty cool.

I was curious about the low end extension, and 70 Hz is about what I would've guessed - nothing a sub can't make up for though, and they look great!

Yeah! I also happen to sell a nice sealed sub for $800. ;)

The idea being, if you're going to go sealed for accuracy let's go reaaaaally accurate! So the Clarity speakers are actually almost "critically damped" which sacrifices even more low end for additional time domain accuracy. If you critically damp your speaker, your transient response doesn't wobble a bit after a transient spike, it returns bang onto neutral position.

I knew as soon as I was making sealed two ways a sub would be required. No way around that. However, I myself prefer less low end in my monitors anyway, because my control room is rather small (though well treated), and controlling bass frequencies is quite nuisance.

The speakers however are reproducing frequencies under 70 hz, just at a lower volume - depending on your boundary positioning, like if you just sat them flat on your desk, I imagine in some cases there would be an additional bass extension from boundary reinforcement, haha.

In other news, the first three sets shipped off today!

1920331_683447829740_1293719636_n.jpg

Also, website pricing redone now that I know the actual costs of all materials and shipping. No more options w/ amp w/out amp, etc, just the speakers, and shipping is now included.

Cheers,

Alex