Equator D5 monitor review

Thanks for the review! I contacted them to see if they ship to finland and soon enough they had added it to the dropdown menu. The shipping cost is ridicilous but the price would be even worse if I could buy them from a local shop, or even from this country.

Massive GAS for a pair, does the fact that they seem to be quite mid-high forward makes them an interesting alternative to the NS10S ? I was thinking about getting these but don't like the idea of passive monitors, so if the D5 can compare to them in the mid frequency range, it should be a no-brainer

Dammit! After raving over all the fuss I decided it´s cheap enough to get in exchange for my Krk´s, but when I add to cart it gives me an extra 130$ for the postage to Spain, and that doesn´t count the extra taxes you ALWAYS pay here when buying from the US, so it´s out of my reach for now.

What are the dimensions on these? It didn't say on the Equator website. Also, anybody compared these with AdamA3Xs?

(in the description, not technical specs, dunno why)

The D5 Studio Monitors:

Our new D5's (Direct 5) studio monitors are geared for the recording professional seeking a small (9.75" x 7" x 8.5"), affordable, accurate, well-voiced, reference studio monitor solution.

I see that these are available in the EU now, specifically I'm looking at http://www.handinhand.uk.net/. No price on the site, but I've emailed them to see how they are charging for the speakers + delivery. Anybody else from the EU bought these, and if so where and how much?

I just rang these guys and he quoted me £379 for everything ( delivery, UK warranty etc). Not bad if you don't want to deal with customs etc, but I'll be patient and order mine from Equator.

(in the description, not technical specs, dunno why)
Ah, no wonder I looked over it. Thanks! These are bigger than what I'd like, but the majority reviews online make them appealing. There's a couple comments about defective units though, but at the price with a 60 day refund and 1 year warranty, I can't see that being huge concern. I still leaning towards A3Xs, but the D5 coaxial design really intrigues me.

I ordered a pair straight from equator and i have to say the shipping+customs cost is ridiculous. Over 100$ shipping and something like 94

I just rang these guys and he quoted me £379 for everything ( delivery, UK warranty etc). Not bad if you don't want to deal with customs etc, but I'll be patient and order mine from Equator.

Got the same price via email from them today. I know that Europe has extra delivery charges, Vat etc. but that works out at $605 USD, that a big price difference.

I ordered a pair a week or so ago, they're out of stock so I'm just eagerly awaiting their arrival, but this review (like all the others I've read) definitely makes me feel like they were the right choice.

And even though there was that stupid $131 international shipping charge, the monitors are only $299 for the pair anyway, so it's not really THAT bad considering how cheap they are to begin with, although I guess that all depends on where you live and what the exchange rate is

Friend of mine is using these over a pair of Adam A7s he also has. Says the stereo spread is better and his mixes translate effortlessly.

Still kinda on the fence... I think he's on crack :lol: