So, is Enchant Done? Is Ted a Permanent Member of Spock's Beard Now?

zappafrank

New Metal Member
Feb 19, 2006
Just saw on SB's facebook that Ted has replaced Nick in SB. Is this only for touring purposes? The SB message specifically says "touring line-up," but the actual release makes it sound like Nick has left permanently.

Aside from the implication for SB, my point in posting here is to see if anyone (Doug?) can clue us in as to what is going on with Enchant.

NDV definately left SB, he announced that last Friday. I'm really excited to hear Ted again. I don't think this means the end of Enchant, even if very little in the last 5 years has given us much hope. Unless Enchant and SB were to both try to tour at the same time, I don't see why Ted couldn't front two bands if one of them isn't touring.

I really, really hope not. While I do like SB, I MUCH prefer Enchant.

And while I'm sure I'll like SB even more with Ted fronting the band (nothing against Nick, just prefer Ted's style), if my choice is ONLY one and not the other, I'd rather hear new Enchant with Ted on vox than new SB with Ted on vox.

Craig

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]"Announcing – Spock’s Beard has a new recording and touring lineup!
[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]To keep bringing you the finest Prog Rock, we’ve brought on board the amazing vocalist/guitarist Ted Leonard (Enchant, Thought Chamber) and Jimmy Keegan (Santana, John Waite), who’s been our tour drummer for close to 10 years now. If you know these guys, you know they’re world class. They bring exciting new energy and creativity to the party."[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular][SIZE=-1]http://www.spocksbeard.com/[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, Geneva, Swiss, SunSans-Regular][/FONT]

Ted wrote this on his Facebook wall on Monday, November 21:

Thanks for all of the support. For the record, I was bummed when I first heard that things weren't working out with Nick's schedule because I am first and foremost A FAN! Not only of Spock's but Nick as well. He is definitely one of my favorite drummers, a fantastic singer..and just a great person period. Of course, I'm extremely excited for what the future holds, and will do my best to live up to the standard set by Nick and Neal.

For you Enchant fans. This is not by any means a nail in that coffin. As a matter of fact, there is finally some progress going on in that camp as well. Of course, being on a different label, the chances of a Spock's/Enchant tour don't look good....but I'm not sure I would want to work that hard anyway :).

Stay tuned!!!​

And Ed wrote this on his wall on the same day:

Very Proud of and Happy for my friend and bandmate one of the best in the business people, and a class act! SB is going to be awesome with Ted and Jimmy! And the news Ted's speaking of with Enchant is word now as ironic as it may seem. We are meeting in a few days to make a Blueprint for our 8th one! logistics etc! It is indeed happening! All great news!!!! Congrats brother!​

Great news! Perhaps Doug can give us an official update on the home page sometime soon(?). A gig or two before or after #8 would be great too. I'd love to get back home to The Bay for a day or two.

Hello everyone :) hey we have news soon, good news Doug will give you guys an official update on that one. But Keiths post is exact! We are happy for Ted and SB because like Ted was are also fans and very good friends with the Spocks Guys and want to hear more of the amazing mighty Beard as well! We will miss tourning with them because anyone knows when those two bands get togather it is insanity laughter and madness! in a good way! LOL I dont want to elaborate too much right now or announce anything too premature because we have a few "false starts" the last couple of years but trust me the heart and soul of Enchant beats strong! Cheers to all of you the best fans EVER! and for keeping the faith! from all of us!

Hey Ed,
thanks for letting us know. I'm a fan since BotW (damn, that's almost 20 years now!), and I'd be devastated if Enchant would break up. :cry:
Those were great days when you were touring here in Europe... keep going, take your time, and when your next masterpiece is done, I'll buy it. :hotjump:

Check the web site kids! It's official! We are making a new record! We already started with the preliminary demoing of tunes and I'm hard at work putting stuff together. I'm hoping to have it released this year if possible. I've been writing my ass off and there's a ton of ideas and completed songs that we will be wroking on over the upcoming months.

Wish us luck!

DAO

Hi Doug !
Thanx a lot for this good news.
We send a good vibrations for the inspiration.
Your fans will support you in any case, whenever, wherever.
Big up and cheers !
:wave: