SO MANY LAYERS!!!!

NSGUITAR

Oct 26, 2009
Hey guys. Here's a song I recently got done tracking with some very talented dudes!

This is just a rough mixdown I did after tracking. (I mix as I track, so the mix characteristics are close to what the final will be, methinks).

Let me know what you think of shit, remember it's sortof a pre-mix.

But I really wanted to let you guys hear the song, and was curious to know if you guys would be interested in having the stems for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
kinda looses it power during the dubstep stuff, wish that part was more huge and sub-ish. otherwise the mix is tits, apart from the shells sounding a bit un-tact and dull. i normally don't mix other UM-people's stuff, but I'd actually love some stems for this.

Stems for this PLEEEEEEEAAAASEEEEEEE. =D
And nice mix! That snare is punching my dick off!

Wow thanks guys! :D

I will post some stems very soon for ya'll!!! It's a blast to mix.

I agree about the song loosing some power during the dub part, I haven't done ANY automation for this yet---That'll fix the problem!

I'm very proud of this project because I PRODUCED it, and helped co-write a lot of it :)

kinda looses it power during the dubstep stuff, wish that part was more huge and sub-ish. otherwise the mix is tits, apart from the shells sounding a bit un-tact and dull. i normally don't mix other UM-people's stuff, but I'd actually love some stems for this.

Completely agreed. The 'drop' section needs a TON of work. We essentially wanted to just get the rough idea in for it, but I've been working hard at it the past couple days and will keep updating this thread.

Amazing dude , just amazing.
Please give us a little info about... everything? haha. Snare ?

Fucking love that snare!!!!

awesome job with the vocals. the harmonies are perfect

Getting lots of comments on the snare lol. I just used a snare from my personal sample library and used a chain something like:

Q10- 200Hz slight boost, 250Hz cut, 700Hz slight boost for a nice punchy mid feel.

Waves TransX-- Did some shit with it

API2500- 4:1 ration, slow attack, fast decay, -4ishdb of comp is actually happening

That's about it for the snare. I just always make sure that the snare is slammin as fuck, otherwise I won't like the mix haha.

Kick- Same thing, just used a sample of mine.

Gtrs are some sort of awesome sounding schecter---->sectret---->5150---->mesa cab---->57/421 combo

Bass- Fender american jazz bass--->TSE BOD---->AMPEG SVX

Vocals would take forever to get specific. But essentially was:

sm7 (low roll off setting)---->interface----->EQ--->Comp---->de-esser---->limiter

I basically have a template that has about 30 tracks that is what I use for EVERY band, and tweak.. But essentially the project consists of about 10 normal track to track with, and 20 effected tracks, a couple that are the same, most of them are all different used for different reasons.

I LOVE tracking vox like this, because All I have to do is arm whatever tracks I want to use, and it's done!

I'm feeling hot and cold about the guitars and bass. The kick was cool, I'd like to know what that sample was, like if you made it or it came from somewhere else. Backe was right about it losing power after the dub part, but generally it sounds tidy. Also I would make the vocals less muddy.

Good work Nick, come a long way since last year buddy!

Couple of things, I think that first cymbal, right at the very start is a bit too thin and distracting. Also, that kick sample just isnt for me, personal opinion though

Keep it up!

Good work Nick, come a long way since last year buddy!

Couple of things, I think that first cymbal, right at the very start is a bit too thin and distracting. Also, that kick sample just isnt for me, personal opinion though

Keep it up!

I dig it. It's just a small china (wuhan I think). Fairly common in my studio for some reason. They sound way more hoppy than a big one, but the big ones have their purposes as well.

really dig the mix and the songwriting!

vocals sound awesome, especially for the fact that you didn't use an external pre! What interface do you use?

Sounds great man! The only think I can pick on is it seems like the bass, kick and toms seems to be lacking a bit of low end punch, though not much. Like I said, it sounds great as is though!