So, Nine Inch Nails last night was motherfucking incredible.

GarethSE

New Metal Member
Jul 5, 2008
as were janes addiction
dave navarro, fuck yes

anyway, NIN set, 2 hours long, GARY FUCKING NUMAN GUESTING
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjsDc23-J7I&feature=related[/ame]
FUCK YEAH

loads of stuff from TDS
a david bowie cover (im afraid of americans)
even a coupla tracks from pretty hate machine (terrible lie and down in it :D:D:D, was so stoked, didnt get terrible lie when i saw them in brixton a couple of years ago and its one of my favourite NIN tracks)

then there was hurt

way better than when i saw it at brixton
an arena full of people singing along
that video just doesnt even begin to portray the atmosphere
i could hear more of people in the arena than the band
amazing
utterly fucking amazing

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course is was incredible! NIN has seriously raised the bar for what a live show can be. I caught them on the LiTS tour and it was just damn amazing. I'm hoping to go to one of these last US shows because I didn't get to catch on the NIN/JA round and the setlists have been freaking amazing.

The Becoming w/ acoustic guitar = :headbang:

Of course is was incredible! NIN has seriously raised the bar for what a live show can be. I caught them on the LiTS tour and it was just damn amazing. I'm hoping to go to one of these last US shows because I didn't get to catch on the NIN/JA round and the setlists have been freaking amazing.

The Becoming w/ acoustic guitar = :headbang:

fuck yes, the becoming was amazing.
man
i was so stoked that we got terrible lie. i couldnt believe they didnt play it when i last saw them. its just one of those songs that gets played every fucking time man, i was gutted. so when they played it the other night it was a total oh shit moment.
id lost my voice and was sweating like a pedo in a playground by the end of the song, amazing stuff.

AND THEY'RE SKIPPING FINLAND. FUCK. SHIT. ASS. DICK.

That, and it's their FUCKING GOODBYE TOUR. (WELL ALMOST SINCE THEY'RE STILL GONNA PLAY SOME US SHOWS, BUT THE LAST IN EUROPE.)

Yeah, I'm kind of pissed because I cannot see them. I'd have considered going to a show in some other country, but not having a job, that's impossible. And yeah, they're my favorite band ever, that's why I'm pissed. I've seen them only twice so far too.

LitS tour was by-far the BEST show I've ever been to. The lights, the LCD screens, all the effects. We got Reptile, which wasn't a set regular for that tour. The entire place (Wachovia Center in Philly) ERUPTED when the effects for "Reptile" kicked in over the PA.

Hurt was phenomenal as well. But the ending had to have been the all-time greatest. They played "In This Twilight" with each member leaving one-by-one, until finally Trent stopped playing the melody and left the stage. Absolute perfection.

man, i have got reptile both times i saw them. pre-year zero release UK tour (with the really shitty, boring lighting, still an amazing show) and the other night at london. awsumz.
and yeah hurt was one of the highlights of the night for me. i swear i could hear more crowd than band. moving as fuck.