So, Terri Schiavo is now wholly and undeniably dead

If I were in her position I would definately want to die with dignity, not live without any real consciousness. I think even her family should have realized that quite a while ago. Still, its impossibly hard to say who should have decided whether she lived or died.

Blade Golem said:
She could not feel a damn thing, so in theory she wasn't "starved" to death. She didn't suffer whatsoever due to the way she died, the only difference between that and an instant, "painless" death is the amount of time it took.

Based on this, is it really so horrible?

Well, if she couldn't feel anything, then sure, but I'm just saying that I think it would have been better, faster, and more efficent if they had just given her a lethal injection.

my dad had a stroke when I had gone by my folks house one afternoon. He was taken to the VA. hospital where they made him somewhat comfortable. His doctor then went to mu mom and told her he would never be the same. He could not communicate, but the look he could/would give you would send chills up your spine. I know he had to have some sort of understanding of what was going on.. I know he hated what had happened to him. He later passed because the nurses aide put his urinary cath. in wrong... but I have to believable he was so much happier then..