so thanks to greg, i have even more street cred.

alex: w/e he used to hang in the berkshires and was a DICK. everyone i know can't stand him. he also used to use a different firm that was in the same office i worked at and he treated everyone like crap. total dickstick.

Crocodile Rock and Hotel California at really good choices. Gillette's Mr Personnality and Roxette's the look rank way up there in my book. Also Bannanarama's Venus gets a mention.

man this thread took off! I don't know if I can address everything...

Greg: yeah the harmony guitars in HC are great, but as a Thin Lizzy fan I'm predisposed to that.

Oh What a Night: Frankie Valli and maybe the Four Seasons (or maybe solo)

Elton did do Crocodile Rock, and yes it is very irritating.

One of the worst songs evah: Sting, Bryan Adams and Rod Stewart doing "all for love" I think it was called. Talk about phoned in performances. but just about everything Adams does Sux, that video he did for the robin hood movie where the scenes from Sherwood forrest were interspersed with shots of Adams and his band prancing about in a wooded glade in leather jackets? barforama

ohhh that's true that's a bad song too...
also 'unchained melody' is pretty bad.
and i strongly dislike that peter gabriel song 'big' and also 'sledgehammer'

I am unable to dislike any Peter Gabriel, he just is an important musical figure in my mind.

Bryan Adams did do one good album, Reckless and it has been all downhil from there, Everything I do is one of the worst ballad ever, and did it get played that summer!

lizard said:
Peter Gabriel and that David Byrne irritate me because they coopt world music and attempt to be arty.
I don't think it is coopted in Gabriel's case, he likes it and produced and released a bunch of World Artist on RealWorld Rec. There are a bunch of artist on the label that would never had any distribution if it wasn't for him....

mindspell said:
I don't think it is coopted in Gabriel's case, he likes it and produced and released a bunch of World Artist on RealWorld Rec. There are a bunch of artist on the label that would never had any distribution if it wasn't for him....
I know what you mean, Byrne has done the same thing with his Luaka Bop label. They just irritate me.

But Gabriel had to improve from his days in genesis when he would dress up like a flower....