so thanks to greg, i have even more street cred.

Not only is it a vastly mediocre (at best), boring, obonoxious song, but it has been overplayed to the point where it makes me want to vomit up organs. In fact, it reached that point about 4 years ago. I just want to tell the guys in that band to WRITE ANOTHER FUCKING SONG ALREADY so that the people who feel that it's necessary to use a smashmouth song in their commercial or movie or whatever will at least have a new option.

On second thoughts, don't write a new song.

oh and whats that song "i went from phoenix arizona all the way to dakota, philadelphia LA... blah blah." i once tried to slit my wrist with the remote one night i think its in a jeep commersh

there are some good suggestions on here but it is pretty obvious that the song people have yet to name that will immediately appear obvious is Air Force Ones by Nelly (feat St. Lunatics)

let me see what I can add here....

Peter Gabriel, Queen, Def Leppard and Primus rule alot.

that allstar song is pretty bad, but I think that it's not only not the most annoying song ever but it's not even the most annoying Smashmouth song ever.

lizard said:
coolest old genesis song:
Intruder

also primus did a great cover of it.
That's actually the lead off track on Gabriel's third solo album. And I agree with everyone else that the early stuff was great until Phil robbed them of their soul and imagination, and himself of whatever drumming capabilities he once possessed.