so thanks to greg, i have even more street cred.

while i was in CVS i remembered that sheena easton's 'for your eyes only' used to make me feel carsick when i was really little

how did i forget bohemian rhapsody? i mean i only dislike it b/c it's been beaten to death. i admit i sing it to freddy and he loves it tho.

how old are you, brandon? that song "freshman" was big when i was a sophomore in college and not only was it incredibly bland and cynically flat, but it was sung tearfully by scores of drunk college girls walking by my house on their way home from parties. every single weekend. i think the way they acted like the song had genuine emotion in it (as opposed to pop-chord dollar-sign i-started-a-band-to-meet-girls manipulation) was what galled me the most. they were tricked!!

dude all i am saying is bohemian rhapsody on the radio when you're driving is like stabbing yourself in the back of the face 100 times.

xfer said:
how old are you, brandon? that song "freshman" was big when i was a sophomore in college and not only was it incredibly bland and cynically flat, but it was sung tearfully by scores of drunk college girls walking by my house on their way home from parties. every single weekend. i think the way they acted like the song had genuine emotion in it (as opposed to pop-chord dollar-sign i-started-a-band-to-meet-girls manipulation) was what galled me the most. they were tricked!!
OMG BUT THAT SONG IS BASED ON A SUICIDE THAT REALLY HAPPENED IN REAL LIFE SO IT MUST BE EMOTIONALLY GENUINE!!!!! HAVEN'T YOU HEARD THAT STORY LIKE 1000000 TIMES???? :erk:

Hah I'm actually nineteen Alex and I have never had any real attachment to the song other then the fact that a buddy and I used to say.. yea I remember that from the radio I think it's catchy back in the middle years of High School. I however did not get to experience it being sung all the time by college frat girls or I'm sure I would want to disembowel myself everytime I heard it/mention of it.

Brandon