So, the Peavey 6534+ has been out for a while now. Opinions?

Josh Burgess

Feb 18, 2008
Tampa, FL
I haven't really thought too much about amps recently since I'm really happy with my 5150 and 5150 III, but I'm just curious if any of you guys have tried the 6534+ and what the general consensus is on them.

From what I've heard, it's supposedly a 6505+ with EL34s and a better clean channel... but I'm still curious. Anybody have any recordings done with one?

I haven't had the chance to record one yet, but I've had extensive playtime on one with a 1960A cab, no boost or anything though. It plays like what you would expect, a 5150 running EL34s. IMO, it might be some people's bag but for me... I didn't enjoy it enough to consider buying one if i should lose my 5150; it sounds like a 5150 trying to be a Marshall.

Maybe it's just the fact I'm so used to my old 5150 that it seems like an impostor :loco:

My friend was talking-up the rhythm channel as being "breathtaking", I believe is what he said. However it seemed no different to me; and since I performed the bias mod on my head I've noticed that my 5150 has a usable and clear clean channel...!? :worship:

Overall it really wasn't bad at all as it carries the same...sonic character? (if that makes any sense, haha)Only with a British flare to it; not a night and day difference.