So this is what that Top Gear Tv show is about?

Sep 8, 2005
About food and bad cliché jokes??

I´m aware that our country has LOTS of issues, but, can racist people start using new racial jokes about mexicans?? not just the usual Speedy Gonzalez style imagery that was used in the 50´s (the cactus joke? Tortilla? give me a break!)? i mean, we now have the Cartel War for example, these guys can use that, i don´t know, maybe that this car was made by Mara Salvatruchas working for the Cartels and is used to export drugs, something more of this century.

And i don´t know if they made this kind of joke for other cultures as well.

I can stand racist jokes, totally, but i do find this offensive, cause they seem to be enjoying it too much.

Last edited by a moderator:
successful-troll.jpg

Top Gear are trolling, they seem to be picking racial stereotypes at random and just having a go at whatever they feel like. And they get a ton of attention from it.

Ohh yeah, well those jokes are a bit too much, is more like the intention they have, like an attack more than a joke, that´s why i finding it offensive.

And i don´t know if they made this kind of joke for other cultures as well.

Plenty, normally when I they talk about German cars they go on rambling about second world war stuff. They take everything as a joke. I'm not a big fan of the program, but I know it good enough that there are no bad intentions, and everybody gets their turn to made a fool out of.

Not racist, but my mom food is delicious and it doesn´t look like vomit at all haha. Seriously, their lack of racial joke making capacity and that they hide it with a pompous behavior is what offends me, more than the old ass jokes taken from old cartoons from the 50´s, come on we are in the 21st Century.

it's like here in america, a show or person would make a statement that would seem racist or on edge close to controversial so they can attract curious viewers.

Have you not seen the rampant sexism and baby-ism in the "post-a-joke" thread and through-out the whole forum? Who gives a fuck, if they offend you then don't watch it. I really don't think anyone is deciding what to think about the entire country of Mexico based on a 1 minute clip on YouTube.

Fuck political correctness.

I don't watch top gear, but this is basically what it is about.

But really dude? You're genuinely offended?
Those jokes are on the same level as calling french people frogs, they're hardly deeply held beliefs.
In any case I don't think british humour really translates that well in many other cultures.

Have you not seen the rampant sexism and baby-ism in the "post-a-joke" thread and through-out the whole forum? Who gives a fuck, if they offend you then don't watch it. I really don't think anyone is deciding what to think about the entire country of Mexico based on a 1 minute clip on YouTube.

Fuck political correctness.

I dont watch it, i didn´t even knew about its existance till this fucking shit. im not that easily offended, and i quite enjoy some of this kind of jokes, maybe i can´t explain in proper english what i found offensive, or like ratsapprentice is saying, maybe british humor doesnt traslate well in other countries, cause i found it more stupid, and poor minded than offensive.

In any case I don't think british humour really translates that well in many other cultures.

Probably is this, cause i really hate how they say it, it seems really despective, and not in a funny way, but hey, i don´t know how the show works maybe im seeing it wrong.

Every ethnicity and race gets this kind of light hearted stabs at them everyday of the week, 365 days a year.
I've been reading a lot about Juarez lately and in general following the cartel situation in Mexico and I feel for you man, it's rough times going on there, but with light hearted jokes like this, just take it for what it is and move on

It's a shame that british humour is lost on so many people. It's a TV show with tongue-in-cheek remarks. I hate to see what you'd think of Frankie Boyle lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zy6lZ_3Awos&feature=related[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a shame that british humour is lost on so many people. It's a TV show with tongue-in-cheek remarks. I hate to see what you'd think of Frankie Boyle lol

That's exactly what I thought when the Gervais golden globes thing happened, I know it was only a few celebrities that were offended but still....
Have you noticed that he now thinks of himself as an "offensive" comedian now that he's been in the states a while?

That's exactly what I thought when the Gervais golden globes thing happened, I know it was only a few celebrities that were offended but still....
Have you noticed that he now thinks of himself as an "offensive" comedian now that he's been in the states a while?

I know, fame has gotten to him and he thinks he's the bad guy in Hollywood now, don't find him funny at all, never did to be honest, too deadpan-humour for me. Do you remember when he started out on the 11 o'clock show with Sacha Baron Cohen?? On the other hand, Jimmy Carr is evil incarnate :lol:

I think it's a bit too much blunt to me funny...the only funny bit was "how's it called? The Tortilla!" :lol:
but all the other stuff was really blunt...but around here mexican jokes arent common, so maybe I just dont get it.
So maybe that will cheer you up a bit because I found it quite funny when i heared it:
British food, british women...a nation of great sailors :lol:

lol @ the fritzl one