Suspicious that my friend is anorexic

Warheart666

Nothing.
Feb 6, 2005
MD
I am really worried for her. I had invited her over today, and she barely ate anything. When my other friend made some jokes about her being anorexic, she looked kinda awkward, as though she was really taking it to heart. Recently, she also posted in her online journal, "I lost another pound. I'm down to 108 now...I don't think I'm trying, but I don't know. It's like, I know everyone tells me I'm too skinny, but I don't see it. I still feel fat. But whatever..." She used to say that she was too skinny, and that she had trouble gaining weight, but now its almost the other way around. I'm really worried about her, and I'm not sure how to confront her about it. Have any of you had any experiences with this, and could you give me any advice on it? It would be greatly appreciated.

call your local county help line. being that your in md like myself, i know every county, and especially baltimore has plenty of human health services to help you locally. props to you for being a good friend.

Thanks, I don't think she needs that just yet, but if it does escalate, I will try it out. Which county are you in? I'm in Anne Arundel myself.

Maybe a intervention would do and after that sign her up with a shrink and helpgroups.
Do that and give her all the support she needs during this process and she will come out just fine.

TB666 said:
Maybe a intervention would do and after that sign her up with a shrink and helpgroups.
Do that and give her all the support she needs during this process and she will come out just fine.
yeah, that's my plan, hopefully it will all work out fine. I'll be talking to her in person tomorrow.

Well the more people the better.
She needs to realise she has a problem which she clearly think she doesn't have.
So just bring more friends, family anyone that means something to her.

Yeah, a couple of her and my close friends, we've been discussing how to approach it. It's going to be hard, but I couldn't let this go.

i'm in baltimore. anne arundel is a nice area. i love annapolis, and have some friends out in glen burnie. and just for the record, PG COUNTY SUCKS. sorry. just had to say it. i really dispise PG county with a passion.

The dl, that just means down low, thats when you fuck a girl and dont want anyone to know about it, everybody does that.