so, what did you buy people for Christmas/Hanukkah?

well, I don't have it, my brother does. Killing me won't help your cause.

And Mike, you don't like the ps3??? In case you don't know, they released an update on the internet that you can download with the ps3, I heard it helps the performance of the system.

but kidnapping both of you might help.

or ryan, you can buy on eeeeeeeeeeebay!

for almost every flawed point with the ps3, there is an equal argument with the 360.

My main gripes with it is that the online sucks, your stuck with the shitty blu-ray drive, its not like theres a 400 dollar version that takes away the blu-ray drive if you dont want to use it, blu-ray itself sucks for movies (but i know its better to have games on the blu-ray disks for much more content. The controllers are the same layout of the PS2 which hurts my fat hands. Video scalling is probably never going away so that you have to buy a 1080p tv, i dont like that they use a slot loading "toaster" disk drive, the system is really big in size, you cant stack shit ontop of it since its a fucking dome on top, and why the hell would they use bluetooth for the controllers?

at the same time, the game titles coming out are good, the graphics still looks sexy, i like having HDMI output, the card reader is a cool idea, i like having 60gb hard drives better than the 360's using only 20 (i just dont like how its internal, makes for shitty upgrading)

When the price takes a huge cut in the next 2 years i will pick one up, by then everything should be better for it, it will have all the games released already so i can pick them up then, and if Blu-Ray takes the market in the HD war, then I will be able to use the PS3 for my movies... but untill then, i really hope HD-DVD takes it.

umm knowing this is the nevermore forum (not saying it in a bad way) i have no idea if my question will be answered in a joke or not but theres a chick i like and im tryinig to figure out what i should get her, but i got no idea. any suggestions?

If you know what kind of music she's into, check and see if any of the bands are gonna be on tour. Buy 2 tickets for it, one for her and one for you. This will give you an "in" to hang out with her on a one on one basis. This is all based on circumstance of course.

Have you guys seen the Nintendo wii? That system boggles the mind...the sensor controllers are awesome. Plus, YOU CAN PLAY EVERY NINTENDO GAME FROM NES, SNES, N64, GAMECUBE, AND THEY BOUGHT SEGA'S LICENSE FOR GAMES WHICH MEANS YOU CAN PLAY ALL THE OLD SEGA AND SEGA GENESIS GAMES ON IT TOO!!!!!

Can you say, "Altered Beast"?

Have you guys seen the Nintendo wii? That system boggles the mind...the sensor controllers are awesome. Plus, YOU CAN PLAY EVERY NINTENDO GAME FROM NES, SNES, N64, GAMECUBE, AND THEY BOUGHT SEGA'S LICENSE FOR GAMES WHICH MEANS YOU CAN PLAY ALL THE OLD SEGA AND SEGA GENESIS GAMES ON IT TOO!!!!!

the concept is cool, but the games really don't interest me. Therefore I won't buy it. I lost faith in nintendo making games for an older crowd years ago.

it has like 20 games from old consoles... Wii.Nintendo.com - In-Depth Regional Wii Coverage (complete list of games)

the sensor bar has to be placed above or below your tv and has a wire

the motion sensing doesnt work that great, its fine for some games but like boxing, it never gets the punches right, you gotta throw 4 hooks before it actually hookes, and the golf game when i swing the tiniest bit, sometimes it swings full power and fucks up my swings. Navigating the menu isnt perfect either you need to move your arm to be in somewhat site of the sensor bar.

you gotta buy a 20 dollar controller that plugs into your remote to play the old school games (which sucks because you have a wire going to a wireless remote)

The wireless internet is all you can use right now, no hard wire and i havent gotten the internet to work yet except for one time when i got it to connect, it updated the console and then that was all ive gotten it to do online.

but the wii is pretty fun, zelda is great so far.

also im dissapointed with the graphics, the wii component cable will make it 480p which looks reasonably betterm but its 25-50 dollars more.

but on the plus side its cool that i have a video game system that my dad can actually play, and he kicked my ass in baseball and tennis on there.

I moslty just buy people DVD's its all my frends and family really want. I do buy my one frend a few Graphic Novels though because even though he likes comic books he is too cheap to ever buy any. Thats the diffrence between me and him. I buy them the day week they come out.

Bradley

Girlfriend: Big fucking ceramic unicorn statue with golden hooves and horn. I still need to get her something else.

Myself: $100 Sony wireless headphones on eBay for $45

i wont comment on the ps3...

Ryan. tell us more about the chick if you want a serious answer, what is she into, what does she do, how old is she, shit like that will also help you think about what to get. Think about the shit that she really likes but isnt that vocal about... in other words, if shes really like cats and every knows it, then she probably has a bunch of stupid cat related shit from everyone else as gifts from at one point or another. Talk to her and get an idea for something she likes that not everyone knows, and find something related to it. That way its somewhat original and she will appreciate it much more.

Edit: also it will show that you are a good listener if you just catch something real quick and dont keep asking here to go into detail (because that looks like your fishing for gift ideas) But she will think "oh he remembered that i like..."

yeah i just thought about it. i remember when i was talking her to her she said that she was mad that they didnt have the movie "The Ringer" on PPV anymore and she doesn't have it on DVD or video. knowing her, she probably would have told me that she got it if she did, but i highly doubt she has it. i'll probably make some mention of it just to make sure she doesnt have it, and if she doesnt still ill go out and buy it.

If you know what kind of music she's into, check and see if any of the bands are gonna be on tour. Buy 2 tickets for it, one for her and one for you. This will give you an "in" to hang out with her on a one on one basis. This is all based on circumstance of course.
oh shit yeah, that too. both youre idea and mikes idea are excellent. she told me that she has never been to a concert and really wants to go to one.

+1 for you and mike :headbang:

I buy a crate of Jura and give all the males a bottle.

I go to Body Shop and buy assorted creams, moisturisers, bath salts etc for the females.

That's it. I don't like Christmas all that much. I like New Year an assload more.

yeah i just thought about it. i remember when i was talking her to her she said that she was mad that they didnt have the movie "The Ringer" on PPV anymore and she doesn't have it on DVD or video. knowing her, she probably would have told me that she got it if she did, but i highly doubt she has it. i'll probably make some mention of it just to make sure she doesnt have it, and if she doesnt still ill go out and buy it.

You mean the movie about the guy who pretends to be retarded...?

:err: