So what the fuck, is digital music going to take over completely?

I had the one that came with the shock absorber base for in-auto usage. Fucking awesome. Goddamit I miss the 90s, especially considering I just spent $75 on a tank of gas.

I'm listening to a double CD album right now and it fuckin' rules. My last Discman played the Sony equivalent to mp3s before they got Betamax'd out of existence.

The slim 2CD cases suck though, seems that no matter what I do I'm forever afraid that I'll break the god damn CD in half when I try to remove it from its vice grip.

Anyhow, I only wonder how many albums these downloaders are peeling the layers from and devoting the proper amount of listens to. If I'm dropping $15 shillings on a release, ye better believe I'm listening to it more than a few times to get my money's worth.
Even when I was buying physical CDs, there was no correlation between buying a CD and devoting time to listening to it.

BN-HA451_sonyso_D_20150219020438.jpg

For audio freaks, the quest to reduce noise never ends, even if it means sometimes paying a high price for equipment–say, $1,000 for a one-meter audio cable.

Sony Corp. has been more than happy to try to cater to their passion for clean sound, offering a $1,200 Walkman and other high-resolution audio technology, including high-end headphones and wireless speakers.

Now comes a memory card engineered for sound quality. Beginning next month, the 64 gigabyte SR-64HXA micro SDXC memory card will be sold for around $160 in Japan, roughly five times the cost of a standard card with the same amount of storage. The SR-64HXA produces less electrical noise when reading data, the company says.

Will many people buy it? Even Sony doesn’t know.

—Sony Corp.“We aren’t that sure about the product’s potential demand, but we thought some among people who are committed to great sound quality would want it,” a Sony spokeswoman said.

:lol: GTFO with this shit.

You know, it really does count to have nice power cables for high current gear. When I bought a 300 watt all tube amplifier, I knew I needed the best. So I spent almost nine American dollars on Amazon for a high quality 14AWG cable, with a ground pin and everything!

You know, it really does count to have nice power cables for high current gear. When I bought a 300 watt all tube amplifier, I knew I needed the best. So I spent almost nine American dollars on Amazon for a high quality 14AWG cable, with a ground pin and everything!

Amateur. If you were serious about hi fi you'd get supports to keep the power cable off the floor. That'll get you "a better stereo field."

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So your entire collection is pirated?
Just saw this. No.... none of my collection is pirated. However, as it's not always possible to buy files that are 320 Kbps CBR or FLAC (from which I can rip 320 Kbps CBR files), I often buy my music on Amazon, but use the 320 Kbps CBR files I've grabbed from torrents. Kind of a sad statement on the record industry when it's easier to get a high quality music file from a torrent than from Amazon or Apple.

My sony discman has been shorting out mid song. Legit will get a few minutes into a fiery melody and turn right the fuck off.

Sony discontinued these shitz six years ago and new ones are running in the $250 range. Fn Bull

Before people recommend an mp3 player my way, I'm not ripping shit.

Last edited: