So what the fuck, is digital music going to take over completely?

Hey Frank I would buy your mp3s but I put an offer in on a house this weekend, so I doubt I can afford that kind of habit anymore.

I'm one of the only people I know who still purchase CDs. Yet, on the other hand, I'm typing this post on my iPad. At work, it's the only way to listen to music, we don't have a stereo at the office. But, I won't start my day without music in the car, and that is my CD time.

I usually can't tell, but I still sniff liner notes, and you can't do that on iTunes.

I use mp3s in the car all the time, convenience over quality has its advantages.

How many of you feel that you can tell the difference between 320Kbps CBR and FLAC?

I honestly have no clue what this means.

When at home, I grab some CDs and listen. Before going to work i the morning, I grab about 6 CDs and listen. Rinse, repeat.

I dont get the "I dont have room for CDs" (especially coming from vinyl collectors). It's not like these things take up a shitload of space. If you have 1000 of them, by a wall rack and put em up there. the rack sticks out from the wall maybe 5 inches and its a great conversation piece! your family will think you worship satan!

Dont get the "convenience" angle either. So if I want x album I have to sift through a dozen blogspots to find a live link, dled it, and put it on a goat damn mp3 gadget. Opposed to hitting up ebay, spending some moolah, taking the wrapper off, and popping it in a stereo. That sounds like a shit ton of work there folks.

I use both methods - iTunes and Airplay at home and CDs in the cars. My XC90 has an aux input that sucks so badly I just listen to CDs but I would prefer to have a USB port - I can go through six CDs in a couple days. My old S70 has an aftermarket Pioneer with a USB that I would prefer to use my iPod on but currently exclusively keep Death CDs in it.

I kinda cornered myself into the Apple/Airplay niche at home by buying an IPod and a Zeppelin Air. However, entry level B&W speakers plus a new amp plus probably a new sub would have cost a fortune.

I'm not sure what the FUCK I am going on about in the above post. I set out to say that both methods are convenient in their own right.