So, who is your fav guitarist. And why?

jeff waters-the guitar work on the first annihilator album is just about the best i've ever heard.

honourable mentions go to schenker(after seeing him live the other week),mustaine,cause his style is so cool,and zakk wylde,cause he's great to listen to.

No one touches Wolf Hoffmann (forerly of Accept) in my ears. He blends both blues and classical styles and is a great riggmeister as well. His tone has yet to be beat in my ears as well.

Other favorites:

Vito Bratta (former White Lion) - This guy was a true technical wizkid. Great player.
Jorn Viggo Lofstat (Pagans Mind) - blends oldschool style with new ideas.
David Gilmour - this guy can make a guitar "sing" like no other.
Donald "Buck" Dharma (Blue Oyster Cult) similar to Gilmour but in a heavier setting.
Mick Mars (Motley Crue) technically a little deficient but instantly recognizable and stylistically unique to himself.
Yngwie - No one could touch this guy for years and years. Though a one-trick pony, his speed and dexterity are still legendary
Mattias Jabs (Scorpions) His work in the 80's is as good as it gets. Brilliant soloist and brilliant with fills.
John Denver - Laugh if you want, but Denver was a monster on layering acoustic while adding mandolin etc. to his complexed songs that were created to sound simple.

Bryant

SoundMaster said:
Also:

Andy LaRoque. As underrated as it gets. But the man's solos are beautiful!

How the hell did I forget Andy???? I agree one of the most underrated guitarist of all time