so who was at the nyc show tonight??

frozenbabiesdotcom

New Metal Member
Jan 20, 2003
www.mp3.com
last night was my first ever Opeth show and it was breathtaking. i almost shat myself during the Drapery Falls and just... wow. it was amazing
i was in the very front to the right side of the room (stage left, i guess you could say.) really faggy looking kid with glasses that fell off constantly and punched people crowd surfing. anyone unfortunate enough to stand near me or have an idea who i was?
i'll be in philly, too. so good. so very good.

I was - it was amazing. I got a place center all the way to the front - looked pretty young, short grey shirt.
OPETH KICK ASS!
I have to come see them again

Yeh I wa sthere, alot of you people saw me. It rocked, I laughed, I cried, I growled, and saw lots of hot chicks. I am happy. Oh yeh, and I got to mee the guys for klike 15 mins before the show, hehe.

Originally posted by frozenbabiesdotcom
last night was my first ever Opeth show and it was breathtaking. i almost shat myself during the Drapery Falls and just... wow. it was amazing
i was in the very front to the right side of the room (stage left, i guess you could say.) really faggy looking kid with glasses that fell off constantly and punched people crowd surfing. anyone unfortunate enough to stand near me or have an idea who i was?
i'll be in philly, too. so good. so very good.

Yeah actually I was standing one person away from you on your right, overall it was a great show.

Yeah I was there, and it was absolutely stunning. I was up at the front on the left side of the stage. I saw Thorns of Sorrow as I was leaving...

Opeth tops TOOL as the best concert I've seen so far...

Un-freaking-believable show. I couldn't ask for anything more last night, and I have to agree with some others...that show immediately vaulted into one of the 3 best shows I've ever seen.

Oh, and I got to meet Demonspell. What's up man?

I did catch the Irving Plaza show, though I wasn't sure if I was going to really enjoy it or not. I've only been listening to Opeth for a few days now (Deliverance, and a little bit of Blackwater Park), and I wasn't really a fan until last night. I was blown away. I love this band.

So, yes...I enjoyed the show quite a bit, and they have a new fan.

- Chris

PS to the pretty girl who smiled at me and was standing next to me through the show..I hope I see you again sometime.

OH MY GOD! I was there.. I was almost in the front behinf this dude that looked like Kevin Smith. It was such a great show. I took like 20 pictures. After the concert I went outside to the tour bus and luckily I saved some pictures because Opeth came out and I got all their autographs and like 2 pictures of Mike and myself and then me and Pete. Dudes.. I was like so happy. It was pretty cool to have my arm around the guys from my favorite band. Mike was so cool. And Pete is like such a nice guy. He is so cool. Anyways.. it was so great.

I know that the setlist for this show was the same as the last 2 nights, but can anyone tell me what order the songs were played in? They seem to alternate Godheads Lament & Drapery Falls.

Help would be appreciated for an Opeth Live site that I'm hoping to start!

Originally posted by Graveless Soul
I know that the setlist for this show was the same as the last 2 nights, but can anyone tell me what order the songs were played in? They seem to alternate Godheads Lament & Drapery Falls.

Help would be appreciated for an Opeth Live site that I'm hoping to start!

At this show, Drapery was played first which surprised me because I could have sworn it was the other way around in reports of the two previous shows...

I was there, met a bunch of people which was very cool, got to meet the band too.. and yea thorns the hot chicks were, well hot hehe.. it was nice meeting you bro..

Ive waited like 4 hours at the door, I was asking for xtra tickets, thanks to the 2guys from staten island letting me know about those ticket scalpers.. I was about to buy tix from them for $50 each !! Later on I saw a bunch of people getting turned back at the door because their tickets were fake. However those 2 guys were ripped off $70,

Anyways around 9-9:30 I was the only one waiting at the front door with 2-3 people waiting on the side door, so I guess everyone came to the show saw us waiting at the door hahaha...

Then the wait paid off and some guy with an extra ticket showed up !! 20bucks, the good thing is I was on time for Opeth, didnt miss any of the show. no recordings though, atleast I got to enjoy the show..

but i havent seen anyone mentioning the FUCKING NOISE COMING FROM THE LEFT PA SPEAKERS. It ruined all the acoustic parts... they could've taken a short break to find the problem, they were testing it right after the show.. WELL WHAT GOOD DID IT MAKE ?

well the guys probably werent aware of the problem, they probably didnt notice it from their monitors but it was fucking annoying.

i heard about the fake tickets. in the dirt on the side of opeth's tour bus, someone wrote something like "opeth: we will never get to see you. we came her from brazil and spend US$80 on fake tickets." that's such a shame... i had an extra ticket, but ended up running into an estranged ex girlfriend who ended up coming to the show with me. as nice as it was to go with her, i'd kind of liked to have been able to sell the extra ticket to a real fan who didn't have one... but oh well. i saw them and it rocked.
WEDNESDAY is the second show for me!!! i can't wait. i will be up in the front, punching crowd surfers, once again.
hey, would the kid who i elbowed in the crotch happen to be on here? if you are, sorry dude... i wasn't too thrilled with dumbass crowd surfers kicking me in the head.
my ribs are ALL fucked up today from being pushed against the barrier. trying to explain it to people who've never been to a show like that was tough. "dude, my back is killing me, i think i have a bruised rib, my throat hurts, my ears are ringing, and i get this pain when i kneel down, but it was the greatest night of my life."
best show ever... and this post was far too long.

Im still fucking sore from that pit man. Since the day i got Deliverance i was waiting to go fucking crazy durring the last three minutes of the title track. Got my wish :D. I was on line for a while by the front, chatted with a few people, met two nice girls that i plan on seeing again. Greatest fucking show.

They opened with The Leper Affinity, im 100% sure of that. I kind of hoped they would, thats the first real track of theres i listened to (aside from Nectar) and i thought it was a kick ASS album opener.

~ Erich w/ an h

Originally posted by Ytse
but i havent seen anyone mentioning the FUCKING NOISE COMING FROM THE LEFT PA SPEAKERS. It ruined all the acoustic parts... they could've taken a short break to find the problem, they were testing it right after the show.. WELL WHAT GOOD DID IT MAKE ?

From where I was (far right) I didn't notice it during the show. But, it was certainly noticeable at soundcheck. Mikael asked about that annoying buzz several times (during and after check) and I heard someone tell him it had been fixed.
Either they lied or it broke again during an earlier set. bummer.

Amazing show Sunday night. I saw them twice when they were in the US last time and I think they're even better now. They really benefit from a better light show, especially during some of the slower moments.

I was so impressed to see that Irving Plaza was sold out with such an enthusiastic crowd.

Originally posted by redblueyes
From where I was (far right) I didn't notice it during the show. But, it was certainly noticeable at soundcheck. Mikael asked about that annoying buzz several times (during and after check) and I heard someone tell him it had been fixed.
Either they lied or it broke again during an earlier set. bummer.

Dude, I was up on the left balcony with my buddy, and I most definitely noticed this buzzing. It was kind of annoying but didn't detract too much from the beauty that was Opeth's set.

I was at the NYC show Sunday and it was GREAT! Loved every minute of it.......I cannot wait to see them again....My only complaint was that annoying buzzing on the left side ....but other than that is was Killer!!!!