So, who's got IT?

matcauthron

Son of the Nine Moons
Sep 6, 2002
France
www.thibaut-cousin.net
I didn't see any one mentioning it, you're probably too busy listening to it...

EDDIE'S ARCHIVE IS THERE!!! :headbang:

It's light-years away from the old Eddie's head some years ago! The box is robust, well-thought, the glass is very funny (will I use it one day?) and the CDs rock!! There was even one B-side I didn't have (I can't see my feeling). Blaze is not forgotten. The booklets are extremely detailed, etc...

Anyone, any thought?

Originally posted by Keyser Soze
doesn't come out here until tomorrow... :)
I picked mine up last week. Over the weekend I listened to the whole thing (total of 6 cd's). Absolutely great stuff! I too already have many of the B-sides, however, matcauthron has me beat. Anyways, my favorite is the "Beast Over Hammersmith" cd. That one is absolutely kick ass! It's the Number of the Beast tour. Besides the great classic songs being played, Bruce could hit the high notes... and he hits them all and hits them hard! Why it took this long to have this available to the public I don't know, but I'm sure glad I have it now :)

The shot glass is very cool. When you look into it (from the top), there's Eddie at the bottom staring at you with red eye's. Very cool! I'll definitely put some mileage on that.

The cd inserts are big and have all kinds of goodie info. One that comes to mind is a picture of Steve & Clive standing next to a car that has a picture of Eddie painted on the hood. Again, very cool!

It's a bit pricey, but can't take the money with you when you die. ...I'm glad I bought it :)

Yeah, I really appreciate the booklets. Especially with the B-sides, they explain how wrote the song (for covers), etc.

The Beast over Hammersmith is also my favorite, because it's a great show (with Total Eclipse live!) and also for another reason... I expected it to be some other gig, for which there is a very common, easy-to-find bootleg, recorded the same year. So I thought "Well, it's gonna be nice, but I know this one already". And surprise! It 's another gig!

The only B-side I'm missing on the 3rd pair of CD is "I Live my Way". I have it only on a LP... and I have no LP player. :( So I would have been very happy to get a CD version after all these years. ;)

They removed Virus, which is not a bad thing, IMO.

It would have been nice to see the band release the Hammersmith show on DVD with this box set. The footage is there; they have at least two songs from that set on the 12 Wasted Years video.

Originally posted by smylex
It would have been nice to see the band release the Hammersmith show on DVD with this box set. The footage is there; they have at least two songs from that set on the 12 Wasted Years video.
oooh... video? That would be great! Please don't make us wait another 20 years before making that available.

Another note... I was listening to the Hammersmith cd again this morning and realized I was over excited about it when I wrote earlier, specifically Bruce's singing of the high notes. So, before I'm pelted by others and lose credibility, Bruce does hit them, but not like I made it out to be. Sometimes he hits them right on, other times he doesn't. BUT, when he does, it sounds great!

So are you saying it is definately worth the $99??? Even though I have versions of most of the material. Plus there is no way I will convince my wife to allow me to keep the box on the living room table where it deserves to be. Plus I haven't had the need for a shot glass since college. Please tell me it is that good, cause I really want it.

So are you saying it is definately worth the $99??? Even though I have versions of most of the material. Plus there is no way I will convince my wife to allow me to keep the box on the living room table where it deserves to be. Plus I haven't had the need for a shot glass since college. Please tell me it is that good, cause I really want it.

I still think it's absolutely great! AND I'm glad I bought it! There's no arguement on the fact that it going to cost some big $$$. If your a big maiden fan (and I know you are), I'd recommend buying it. The Hammersmith cd is a great clean sounding recording (unlike many others I have), and Bruce's voice is not thrashed. He's still able to hit the high notes. This is a great recording to listen too. The B-sides cd has what seems like an endless number of B-sides. Each song has a brief description of it in the insert. There's also an updated band "family tree" which is cool to look at. There's a big poster as well. I also thought the box was cool. On another note, I do remember in another thread on this bb that some (or one?) person was not impressed. If your unsure, maybe wait for more feedback. But, to leave on a positive note, as I said before I think it's absolutely great and I'm glad I bought it! :D

Got mine today. If you have a Circuit City near you, they are on sale this week for $59.99.....20 bucks less than sticker! And mine is number 2776 to boot. Lower than I thought they would be selling in the US.

Originally posted by Soul of a new Machine
Virus was NOT a B-side. And for me it is one of the best song from the BLAZE era and I'm glad he play it live with his band. :)

Well, it was available as a single, so in my book that makes it a B-side... Anyway, I agree that it is not so bad a song. My problem is with the long version. I don't remember on which CD it is, but it is more than 6 minutes long with the main verse repeated too many times... The short version if OK, though.