Worst vocal performances ever?

phlogiston

Bejabbers!
Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
Visit site
OK, so I'm sitting here listening to "The Best of the B-Sides" from Eddie's archive. I'm quite enjoying "Judgement Day" and "Justice of the Peace", because, quite frankly, both songs rock like motherfuckers and Blaze nails them.

But then "My Generation" comes on and my ears start bleeding. Blaze is all over the shop on this one. He just plain sucks. I don't think there's a note in tune during the whole song. That may be a slight exaggeration, but it's true for at least the last minute of the song. I could do better. That's probably also an exaggeration. Quite a large one, in fact, but let's just get on with it shall we? I'd hate to hear the discarded takes.

So what are the worst vocals ever? I'm talking about studio recorded vocals here. Every one sounds bad live at least once.

So that's one vote for Blaze on My Generation, and one vote for everything that Nile's ever recorded.

Originally posted by phlogiston
and one vote for everything that Nile's ever recorded.

Good man.

I will also add Alexei Laihos (from Children Of Bodom) vocals. To me he sounds utterly AWFUL.

Plus Hansi Kursch on the bootleg I have of the Demons And Wizards tour. The poor bastard must have been tone deaf and had a cold that night. Its really awful, I sat there cringing at some moments...

Supremacy suck. So so badly...

Um, Anton Maiden gets my vote :D :lol: :lol: Hahaha but you have to love the fella.

Ace Frehley on Talk To Me as well is just plain awful!

Originally posted by Soul of a new Machine
Worst vocal performance ever? A cover of Aces High by Anton Maiden, it was available on www.maidenfans.com but for now the links seems dead. You'll shit in your pants and die really it suck so much it's horrible!

Anton is still a god though. I love the echo in "Flight Of Icarus" hahaahhaahah! And the laugh in "Can I Play With Madness"! He is the most innovative cover artist in the world :D

Out of tune karaoke in a thick European accent to MIDI files is the way of the future!

:headbang: :headbang:

It's a shame he retired to become a strawberry picker :(

Demilich - When The Sun Drank The Weight Of Water (This guy cannot do death growls... they are burps... bah)

In Flames - Eye Of The Beholder (Stick to growls...)

HAHa anton maiden, i forgot about that bloke !!
i used to have all the mp3's

Originally posted by Soul of a new Machine
Keep in mind that My generation his a B-side...

As is everything else on "The Best of the B-Sides" album. Everything but "My Generation" is quality (although "Doctor Doctor" sails close to the breeze as well).

Spawn, PLEASE don't list death metally vocals in "worst vocal performances ever" because you obviously don't appreciate the style. Stick to criticising styles you DO appreciate and understand. Thanks a bunch.

And Alexi Laiho RULES.