Worst vocal performances in a song

And Dave's vox in Holy Wars are fucking awesome. I can most certainly see what people mean when they say his voice is nasal. But it didn't me long to get used to it at all.

"Waaaaaaage the war on organized crime!"

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity

I could dig Max's vocals on Chaos AD with that proto-Machine Head type bullshit, but Roots is the epitome of awful in Max's vocals. Early Soulfly too, but he makes up for it in more recent years

I think so. Newer Soulfly ditched the whole Nu Metal stuff and its more like Groove/Death Metal. Its still pretty meh but its better than what he was doing on those early Soulfly "jumpdafuckup" style.
Ritual was a pretty solid album

Just quickly checked out "Demonized" from that album and yeah gotta admit it's a lot better than the Soulfly garbage I was already familiar with.

Reactions: Sophii
I think so. Newer Soulfly ditched the whole Nu Metal stuff and its more like Groove/Death Metal. Its still pretty meh but its better than what he was doing on those early Soulfly "jumpdafuckup" style.
Ritual was a pretty solid album
Is that the one with Kinkade on drums? I remember it was heavy as hell for Soulfly standards. Then they just got back to shitty nu groove.

Reactions: CiG and Sophii
Somewhere down the line I think Max got bored with Nu Metal and wanted to tread backwards a bit. I mean he even performed all of Nailbomb with his Soulfly lineup as like an anniversary to the album.

Somewhere down the line I think Max got bored with Nu Metal and wanted to tread backwards a bit. I mean he even performed all of Nailbomb with his Soulfly lineup as like an anniversary to the album.
He did those Beneath the Remains/Arise gigs with Igor as well. I saw one and it was quite good. Far better than current Sepultura for sure.

Reactions: Sophii
I want another Cavalera Conspiracy album tbh. Max with his brother is just unstoppable. Igor is still a master behind the kit.

EDIT: Shit, apparently they have a 2017 album.

See, I think its a good step back into form. This tops whatever the fuck Andreas' Sepultura is doing.

That and Max doing guitar solos is fucking amazing.

Oh there is no doubt it's better than Sepultura but it's not better than other CC albums.

Which do you find to be the best Cavalera Conspiracy album?

EDIT: My only complaint about Psychosis is that most of the songs are just a little too long. They could have trimmed some of the fat off.

Last edited:
I like Inflikted, although I know I didn't give Pandemonium a fair go because I didn't like on first listen so I never bought a copy and went back to it.

It might not be, I just remember listening to it when it came out and I didn't like it after the first listen. That may have changed if I gave it more of a go but I never went back to it. I have heard people suggest it's the worst out of the four CC albums but maybe they all listened to it only once like me.

Who knows. Some albums come out sucking but age well over time. This might be a case here. I might give it a listen here in a bit but thanks to Tech I've been all over Carnival is Forever by Decapitated.