Worst vocal performances in a song

About Ozzy, he gets a pass because he was the original guy on those albums, not because his skills. If Dio wad the guy that did vocals on the debut, Ozzy would be a nobody.
this is one of the most retarded things i've ever heard. As if they didnt have two different vocal styles. And you just mentioned Ozzy and skills when the whole point of this thing was that he actually wasn't a skillful singer but still fit the band better than Dio did. And that isnt even up for debate tbh.

Paul Dianno was never a good singer either. Dickinson on the other hand made people forget about Paul almost instantly.
I didnt, i think their best album is their S/T and would take their first two albums over anything else they've released.

Chuck Billy was and is far better than Mustaine, Belladonna, Araya and Zetro at vocals.
I agree Chuck Billy is technically "better at vocals" than everyone up there. Zetro has his moments but sucks ass for the most part and Belladona is straight trash.

btw claiming "its not REALLY singing" because most of the vocals in your most preferred subgenre are shit is not a legitimate excuse for anything.

Reactions: jimmy101
Your opinions about Black Sabbath and Ozzy are becoming notoriously retarded. Typical black metal type with bizarre indefensible opinions that would get them laughed out of the room in the real world.

Tbh I’m not sure it’s exactly that far out of an opinion any more. There’s plenty of people out there that prefer Dio and even Martin era Sabbath.

Blame it on metal being so old, lots of the purists have died off.

this is one of the most retarded things i've ever heard. As if they didnt have two different vocal styles. And you just mentioned Ozzy and skills when the whole point of this thing was that he actually wasn't a skillful singer but still fit the band better than Dio did. And that isnt even up for debate tbh.

You just said what I said. Ozzy wasn't a skillful singer and Dio (even Martin) were far superior singers. That's a fact. Now, if you LIKE more Ozzy on Sabbath than the other two it's your option, but Ozzy was/is the worst of the 3.

I didnt, i think their best album is their S/T and would take their first two albums over anything else they've released.

Most of Maiden fans vastly prefer Dickinson and that's hardly debatable.

I agree Chuck Billy is technically "better at vocals" than everyone up there. Zetro has his moments but sucks ass for the most part and Belladona is straight trash.

See? Agree again.

btw claiming "its not REALLY singing" because most of the vocals in your most preferred subgenre are shit is not a legitimate excuse for anything.

Nah, man. Growling is not singing because it's not, it's a technical fact, not a matter of preference.

There are plenty of bad/mediocre growlers/shriekers out there, it's very true, but I personally find far more disgusting and annoying people singing out of tune with laughable vocal tones than mere ridiculous growls or shrieks, because most people can tell when someone is out of tune or he/she has an awful vocal tone. Growling is already an acquired taste for extreme metal fans, which doesn't even try to be melodic or "sound good" (good in pleasant terms).

For example, Silencer is one of the worst vocals on any black metal album IMO. Some people love that shit, I don't.

Tbh I’m not sure it’s exactly that far out of an opinion any more. There’s plenty of people out there that prefer Dio and even Martin era Sabbath.

That's not the part I was calling retarded, it's his insistence that if Dio had been the first Sabbath singer Ozzy would be a nobody or some such bullshit. He's said it a few times.

Having preferences is whatever.

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
You just said what I said. Ozzy wasn't a skillful singer and Dio (even Martin) were far superior singers. That's a fact. Now, if you LIKE more Ozzy on Sabbath than the other two it's your option, but Ozzy was/is the worst of the 3.

See? Agree again.

Nah, man. Growling is not singing because it's not, it's a technical fact, not a matter of preference.

There are plenty of bad/mediocre growlers/shriekers out there, it's very true, but I personally find far more disgusting and annoying people singing out of tune with laughable vocal tones than mere ridiculous growls or shrieks, because most people can tell when someone is out of tune or he/she has an awful vocal tone. Growling is already an acquired taste for extreme metal fans, which doesn't even try to be melodic or "sound good" (good in pleasant terms).

For example, Silencer is one of the worst vocals on any black metal album IMO. Some people love that shit, I don't.
growling is a vocal technique that is used by death metal singers. It's a part of their repertoire and is a part of the damn song. To imply that death metal vocalists dont sing(which is what you basically did earlier) is wrong at the most basic level. Again, the fact that SOME black and death metal fanbois try to use that excuse is completely ridiculous and goes to show they are either not that familiar with the English language(the dictionary is your friend, give it a shot) or are just plain old pretentious fart-huffers who just cant admit that Dave Mustaine is technically a better vocalist than 85% of the bands they regularly listen to .... "BU BU BUT THEY"RE NOT REEEEALLLLY SINGING" :lol:

edit:
i dont care what the rest of the sheep do. You said "bruce made people forget", that's the part i was "debating" and you are 100% wrong. Most peope love those two albums

you seem really lost. Please do me a favor and point out the one time anyone here debated whether Ozzy is technically a better singer than Dio? You literally keep echoing and repeating things that literally everyone else here(including me) has said and you're once again going to try and point it out to me? What is wrong with you dude? The question wasnt who was technically a more skilled singer dude. I mean, how many times do i need to point that out to you?

Last edited:

i know plenty of people who think Dio was a better singer. I dont know many people who think that Dio was a better fit in the band because he literally wasnt, it took people a good while to get used to his operatic vocals(which is why they kind of started to change it up when he came along). Ozzys vocals were far more fitting for the style of music they played.

LOL at anyone that think the martin era sabbath albums can even be mentioned in the same breath as their first 6.

i know plenty of people who think Dio was a better singer. I dont know many people who think that Dio was a better fit in the band because he literally wasnt, it took people a good while to get used to his operatic vocals(which is why they kind of started to change it up when he came along). Ozzys vocals were far more fitting for the style of music they played.

Considering Iommi himself said Dio was a far better vocalist than Ozzy and thanks to that he could write different, more adventurous material that the then current singer could actually handle (unlike Ozzy), people on the "Dio" side aren't wrong exactly.

As I said to the burger guy, try to play in a piano a growled vocal line. The fact that you can't just understand that basic musical element makes this discussion sort of moot.

If you love Mustaine so much, it's your thing, but his voice is annoying as hell. He was a sort of passable vocalist on 80's - at least for mediocre thrash standards - , then he became just horrible up to date.

My cousin and older brother, who have a very acute sarcastic sense of humor, used to crack up when listening to Megadeth. They loved the technicality aspect and everything but Mustaine sounded like a cry baby to them, even as teenagers, so imagine now. It was like one of these classic inside jokes. "they kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilled my wiiiiiiiife and my baaaabyyyyyyy" - "noooo morrrrrrrre mistaaaaaakes". It sounded like a kid whining, like something of a parody.

Don't get angry, you must accept Mustaine sounded really ridiculous to many people. And this isn't like, if you just don't like Metallica you call Hetfield "ridiculous". There's a very specific definition and meaning behind sounding "ridiculous", it's not a term that comes up in every single criticism, it's a particular thing.

Considering that during the "they killed my wife and my baby" stage of Mustaine's career he was being taught to sing by the same vocal coach that was teaching Axl Rose and others I think Mustaine's voice and style was a deliberate construct. And considering that 20+ years on people are still talking about how distinctive the change was and how it divides people's love and hate for the band maybe the coach actually deserves some credit.

Considering Iommi himself said Dio was a far better vocalist than Ozzy and thanks to that he could write different, more adventurous material that the then current singer could actually handle (unlike Ozzy), people on the "Dio" side aren't wrong exactly.

Sounds like the typical shit musicians say after a big/controversial lineup change.

Considering that during the "they killed my wife and my baby" stage of Mustaine's career he was being taught to sing by the same vocal coach that was teaching Axl Rose and others I think Mustaine's voice and style was a deliberate construct. And considering that 20+ years on people are still talking about how distinctive the change was and how it divides people's love and hate for the band maybe the coach actually deserves some credit.
it's not bad coaching that makes a guy sound like a whiny little baby lol. Everything about Mustaine, at least during those years, reeked of adolescent angst. WEAK vocals are weak, never should've been a singer in a top tier thrash metal band.

Megadeth wouldn't be the top tier thrash band they are without Mustaine and his vocals so an argument that it shouldn't happen is as pointless as arguing whether Lars Ulrich is a capable drummer.
tbh most of what that guys says is so off the mark that its not even worth responding to. He's kind of like the main lobbies version of blurry dreams

he's branching out from the shadows of hair metal.
giphy.gif

Reactions: Slammed