What is the worst Iron Maiden song ever recorded?

I like their "Eddie" logo, their album covers look cool and their packaging is interesting to look at. That's about it. Their version of metal consists of redundant galloping rhythms with some wannabee opera singer frontman wailing away on silly heavy handed lyrics that run the usual gamut of heavy metal sword and sorcery pretentiousness. I cannot think of even one song by Maiden that has ever inspired me to want to rock, pick up a guitar or a set of drumsticks and play along or god forbid attend one of their shows even if a ticket was given to me free. I just simply cannot stand this band. I will admit that they seem to be decent musicians, their arrangements are real tight, they do what they do well, I guess, but their particular take on heavy metal to me is just not pleasing to my ears at all. It just doesn't rock. That's my honest opinion. If I am offending you, sorry... :loco:

Everyone has their opinions on everything. :loco:

You may not like Maiden but you cannot argue their place as one of the most influential metal bands ever. :headbang: :worship:

Myself I respect their place in music history but I don't want to hear The Beatles or Led Zeppelin. :yuk:
That was played ad infinitum when I was young and I never want to hear any of it again. Robert Plant's voice is like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

Influential and deserving of a place in music history absolutley, but I don't listen to them.

Jim

I don't know, I like Stairway To Heaven, both the studio and live recordings.

Like I said to each their own. LZ is not my bag so I don't listen to them.
However I respect their historical place due to their influence.

Our buddy here doesn't like Maiden's music but I'm curious if he acknowledges their place in metal history.

Another example is for me the Fender Jazz bass many folks drool over them and pay obscene amounts of money for them. Me, I hate the way they feel and play. A local bass player has a '66 that could be sold for more money than all my basses together but I wouldn't play it.

However you will not see me in a Fender forum telling folks I think the Jazz is an awful bass, nor in a LZ forum saying I don't like LZ music either.

Why is our visitor coming into a forum for TIMs where everyone is a fan of Iron Maiden and telling us their music is awful?

Jim

spideyjg said:
Why is our visitor coming into a forum for TIMs where everyone is a fan of Iron Maiden and telling us their music is awful?

Jim

Oh yea that guy, he's trolling to push buttons in order to provoke reactions so that he can get a giggle out it. That's what trolls do.

Hey I got an Idea, let's study his syntax and grammatical structure and see what other handles he's using. He seems to write like a Brit...

I would say he's either pushing buttons, or got a serious lack of taste... He could be into hairdo metal.