What was the first Maiden song you ever learnt?

i learned the intro to hallowed when i was 15 but i only played it on one string lol
then of course the trooper intro
but it was die with your boots on - that's one of the first songs i ever sat down and learned note for note \m/ still one of my favs \m/
hey jenna and spidey - i know killers on bass too - fun riff huh

Yep it is one of my favorite riffs of Maiden.
Although if you look at the tab Jenna learned from I think the low E is hit too often. It should just be a drag on every 3rd beat the first 2 measures. I got no way to make a tab or sheet music though to show you.

What do you think Sarah? Any other bass players feel free to comment as well.

Jim

Rendclaw To-Vensre said:
Losfer Words was my first. I have fun just playing rhythm, but there is something about Adrian's style that compels me to try and play his solos... so I have gotten his solo for Still Life, along with Dave's intro solo to that song... I love playing it.

And Jenna, you do a fine job on Killers, not to mention you're cute as all get out.

I think that I have mp3s of me playing a few Maiden songs somewhere, if anyone is interested.

Awww, thank you very much!!!! :oops::oops::oops::oops:

I'd love to hear them, please post! :headbang:

graham24931 said:
Anyone one else on the drums here or is it just me and Linda?

Revelations (Live After Death version) was the first maiden song I got down. That song got me hooked and from there I had to learn pretty much every maiden song...

Come to think of it, I can't think of another band where all the members are "required learning" if you wanna progress as a drummer/guitarist/whatever in this genre. Although I did learn how to mouth "NWOBMARGSDFLJHFWON" whilst playing a shite 4/4 from Large Oilrig...

Oh yeah, and I can sing Run To The Hills note for note exactly like Nicko...

I would love to be a drummer but I've been told that I'm not allowed a drum kit...ever! :erk: I have a drum machine and I can kinda stumble my way through Sweet Child O' Mine, Paradise City and Girls, Girls, Girls from just listening to the record and trying to copy what I heard.

MiniMurray said:
i learned the intro to hallowed when i was 15 but i only played it on one string lol
then of course the trooper intro
but it was die with your boots on - that's one of the first songs i ever sat down and learned note for note \m/ still one of my favs \m/

It is a very fun riff, I love playing it! :headbang:

graham24931 said:
Anyone one else on the drums here or is it just me and Linda?

Revelations (Live After Death version) was the first maiden song I got down. That song got me hooked and from there I had to learn pretty much every maiden song...

Come to think of it, I can't think of another band where all the members are "required learning" if you wanna progress as a drummer/guitarist/whatever in this genre. Although I did learn how to mouth "NWOBMARGSDFLJHFWON" whilst playing a shite 4/4 from Large Oilrig...

Oh yeah, and I can sing Run To The Hills note for note exactly like Nicko...
The first songs I learned and played live were Wrathchild and Powerslave. I enjoy playing the Clive material, very fast and tasty!

graham24931 said:
Come to think of it, I can't think of another band where all the members are "required learning" if you wanna progress as a drummer/guitarist/whatever in this genre.
I couldn't agree more, graham24931! No matter what instrument you play, you just can't learn your own part in a Maiden song. Each instrument is so intricately connected. It's all in the composition, eh? :p :D

First song learned by Maiden: I'd have to say it was Where Eagles Dare! Love kicking ass on that one. Love the great drum intro and the cool break in the middle with the snare/hi hat thing and then how it goes back into the jam. I liked that Eagles is a "loose" jam-style song that gives a drummer "room" to do a lot of fun and different rolls without taking away from the song. Man was that fun to play along to with the headphones on. I wasn't concerned about doing each fill exactly as Nikko did at exactly the right spot, I was interested in jamming to Maiden in my garage...and pissing the neighbors off royally. :loco:

Sidenote: First song ever learned on drums: Heart of Glass by Blonde! Rock on,
The Vit

The Vit said:
First song learned by Maiden: I'd have to say it was Where Eagles Dare! Love kicking ass on that one. Love the great drum intro and the cool break in the middle with the snare/hi hat thing and then how it goes back into the jam. I liked that Eagles is a "loose" jam-style song that gives a drummer "room" to do a lot of fun and different rolls without taking away from the song. Man was that fun to play along to with the headphones on. I wasn't concerned about doing each fill exactly as Nikko did at exactly the right spot, I was interested in jamming to Maiden in my garage...and pissing the neighbors off royally. :loco:

Sidenote: First song ever learned on drums: Heart of Glass by Blonde! Rock on,
The Vit

Where Eagles Dare is a great song to play, on whatever instrument!! Pissing the neighbours off is always fun as well tho the only neighbours I have are sheep!!! :loco:

Heart Of Glass is an awesome song, Blondie rock! :D

The first Maiden song I learned to sing was Losfer Words. It was initially quite hard to get each word pronounced just right, but after awhile I could sing it note for note just like Bruce.