So yet another band cancels a tour due to Visas...

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
HYPOCRISY, the Swedish extreme metal band led by guitarist/vocalist Peter Tägtgren (also of PAIN), has issued the following statement in regards to its previously announced tour with ENSIFERUM and its current troubles with U.S. immigration:

"We regretfully have to officially announce the cancelation of our tour in North America. We've tried everything so far and it seems like the process will take longer than expected for one of the members in the band. We will try to come back as soon as possible, as we want to show our U.S. fans that we care for them and we are ready to play the new songs live!

Ex Deo also had to drop off this same tour due to visa issues...I'm glad that we're putting so much effort into securing our borders against musicians, it definitely makes me feel safer.

Hypocrisy was THE reason I was going to this show. Guess I'll save my money. Maybe I'll (finally) buy their new album. (I do believe, although I don't know for a fact, that Peter is in fact the one that had the trouble. I read some reports that the rest of the bandmembers did make it here and have just been hanging out since they can't play)

Zod, don't be such a POS hater! You'll hurt their feelings...they're sensitive. :lol:

~Brian~

EOT - LOVE the new Avatar. That guitar (complete with roses) adorns my left shoulder. I have also touched it - it's in the Hard Rock in Orlando. I might be a bit obsessive when it comes to Criss!! (RIP, my Brother) :D

Zod - I have the same opinion of POS - I respect their diversity and talent level, but just cannot get into them!!

Chris :headbang:

Ex Deo also had to drop off this same tour due to visa issues...I'm glad that we're putting so much effort into securing our borders against musicians, it definitely makes me feel safer.

That's true, however, Ex Deo is playing the last few shows of the tour, including the NYC one. They're pretty much the only reason for me to go to this show. Ensiferum is cool and all, but I really wanted to see Hypocrisy and Ex Deo. Oh well, maybe next year.

EOT - LOVE the new Avatar. That guitar (complete with roses) adorns my left shoulder. I have also touched it - it's in the Hard Rock in Orlando. I might be a bit obsessive when it comes to Criss!! (RIP, my Brother) :D

Chris :headbang:

Chris, I remember meeting you my first year attending a PP show, which was V (WMD show). I appreciate you noticing the new avatar! I'd love to have a huge poster of that shot, but that doesn't look possible. By the way, I've always wanted to go to Florida and visit both the Hard Rock and Criss' grave site.

~Brian~

THIS! No kidding, if these guys wanted to come in illegally, they'd be fine! Sad but true.

~Brian~

No they wouldn't. What the hell are you talking about? Marduk did that I believe years ago and it almost totally ruined any chance they ever had of coming back to the US and it's also one of the reasons probably why they had to miss Blackenedfest.

Same thing happened to Nick Barker who came in illegally when recording with Testament. Now he will probably never come back to the States.

I guess he doesn't, but it was indeed Peter who could not get the visa (at least from what I have heard from a very reputable source).
Not sure how much you can discuss, but is this a new issue or an old issue that hadn't been a deal breaker before? It seemed rather strange that he got held up for this tour considering he's toured here several times before and as recently as 2006...