So, you play an instrument?

guitare016.jpg

guitare009.jpg

guitare013.jpg

guitare014.jpg

ok, give yourself some time dude, Rome wasnt built in only 1 day yanno ;)

Ive been playing guitars for 15 years now and I stil think I kinda suck :p
There's always room for improvement man, that's the wonderful thing about music, there's always something to learn

By the way, nice KV2 ;)

I got an Epiphone Gothic V, and an ESP DV8 On it's way!
I can't wait to get my hands on the DV8!

:D

Dont wanna turn you off dude, but ESP/LTD has TERRIBLE back order and delays issues...

Ive ordered an AX 400 on AUGUST 10th and Im still waiting for it

Totally unacceptable if you ask me, especially since they told me 40 days in the 1st place

Dont wanna turn you off dude, but ESP/LTD has TERRIBLE back order and delays issues...

Ive ordered an AX 400 on AUGUST 10th and Im still waiting for it

Totally unacceptable if you ask me, especially since they told me 40 days in the 1st place
Is this one directed towards me?

because I actually didn't order the ESP, believe it or not, it was a gift

and even more unbelievable, is it was free :|

It was a little unbelievable at first, especially since it's the DV8, not the DV8-R or DV200, but apparently their mother is rich, so I guess that explains it :|

How's the KV2 play?

wait wait wait dude

Someone GAVE you a DV8?????? HOW FUCKING COOL

you say their mother is rich, what mother??? LOL

and in your previous post you say that a DV8 is ON ITS WAY, so you dont have it yet right?

Please explain to story to me from A to Z, Im pretty curious

oh and btw the KV2 is a riot, the ebony frettboard is so delicate and precise, ans the humbuckers sound like a ton of brick!

wait wait wait dude

Someone GAVE you a DV8?????? HOW FUCKING COOL

you say their mother is rich, what mother??? LOL

and in your previous post you say that a DV8 is ON ITS WAY, so you dont have it yet right?

Please explain to story to me from A to Z, Im pretty curious

oh and btw the KV2 is a riot, the ebony frettboard is so delicate and precise, ans the humbuckers sound like a ton of brick!
Hahah, A to Z?
Alright then lmao

It's my best friend, her mom is rich, due to problems in their past her mother buys her pretty much whatever she wants just to keep on her good side pretty much.

Before DV8's were discontinued, she told her mom to get her one :lol:
Her mom got it, in White, my friend hates White, about a year after she said she's only touched it like twice, and that she'd rather play her other guitars (She has three guitars she plays most, one is a custom, the other is a KV2 aswell and I don't really remember what she said her third was) and she says asmuch as it's a good guitar, she prefers the other 3. So she tried getting rid of it, she gave it to her cousin, who doesn't play, and told her "Learn a good song by February and you can keep it, if not, I'm taking it back"

Before I even knew she had a DV8 we were talking about her KV2, and I asked her how it plays, to which she replied "You haven't played a KV2?" and I responded with "Actually, I'm trying to hold back from playing a KV2 until I can get my hands on a DV8" and then she explained the situation and said that she's getting her DV8 back from her cousin shortly (Her cousin hasn't touched it since she got it)
She has the DV8 at her place, but she's in San Fransisco on Vacation right now, so when she returns I will be picking it up :)

Yeah I haven't heard anybody who's played a KV2 say anything negative about them, and if they do, it's always about the shape. Everybody seems to hate the V Shapes, but to each their own I guess :lol:

Nice!
you are a pretty lucky guy indeed
tell me when you'll have it, it would be cool if you could post some pics in herer as well! :kickass:
Ah, if you knew my history when it comes to musical instruments, you'll know I usually am not very lucky :p
I've had several guitars, and had to return them due to the unpredictable nature of the jobs I've had.
I will definetly be posting some pictures when I get it, don't worry about that :p
When it comes to my guitars, I'm abit of a camera whore :lol:

Nice ;)

Got me curious (again) about your job

What is it...are you a....hmm...guitar destroyer? :p

oh and btw, what tuning Hypocrisy uses? Standard C or lower?

Nice ;)

Got me curious (again) about your job

What is it...are you a....hmm...guitar destroyer? :p

oh and btw, what tuning Hypocrisy uses? Standard C or lower?
Hypocrisy use B Standard

and pretty much what I meant is, I got fired from my one Job, it was fast food and they were extremly picky, I was usually on the ball but one day the boss was in a bitchy mood, I fucked up somebody's order and they fired me for it. It was pretty stupid, but whatever. I had to return a nice and expensive Acoustic I was just paying off because of that.

The second one was my fault, I worked at a party store for Halloween, it was seasonal, and I purchased an Ibanez, also financing that, so I needed to pay it off, and I would have had the funds, but something came up where I had to help my dad pay for something, I don't even remember what it was that time. Point is, I've had some nice guitars only to return them, most of them against my will. :(

I also had a Jackson Rhoads which I sold, peice of crap (Their lowest series)
So right now i'm down to an Epiphone Gothic V, some oldschool Yamaha that I scored for free and want to work on restoring, and the DV8 which I have yet to pick up.

To be honest, with all the guitars I couldn't keep due to lack of funds...scoring a free DV8 in the end makes it all worth it! :lol:

Funny thing is, I still play through a Wal-Mart amp :lol:

I had a Marshall, but I sold that aswell
Dumb move on my part

By the way, question. I thought you said you were getting a KVX10? :p

ahhaa well theres a huge diff between the X series (KVX10) and the select series (KV2), unfortunately with the KING V, there is no PRO SERIES available like with the Rhoads or Warrior for instance...

So you have the JS entry series (which I think is like the Rhoads you had) and yes, thats pretty basic, then you have the X series which is slightly better but still quite basic..then BANG you jump from 600 bucks to 3000 bucks. Since getting a King V was like a life long dream for me I decided to aim for the top

and of course I dont regret it a tiny bit

BTW if you still want a Rhoads but dont wanna pay like 2500 bucks for it, I suggest the RR24, its quite nice with the bevels, it has an Alder body like the select series, a single EMG 81 bridge pickup and since its a PRO SERIES it costs like 1000 bucks

oh and another question, since Hypo use standard B tuning, whats kind of strings to they use? Do you use extra thick strings?

ahhaa well theres a huge diff between the X series (KVX10) and the select series (KV2), unfortunately with the KING V, there is no PRO SERIES available like with the Rhoads or Warrior for instance...

So you have the JS entry series (which I think is like the Rhoads you had) and yes, thats pretty basic, then you have the X series which is slightly better but still quite basic..then BANG you jump from 600 bucks to 3000 bucks. Since getting a King V was like a life long dream for me I decided to aim for the top

and of course I dont regret it a tiny bit

BTW if you still want a Rhoads but dont wanna pay like 2500 bucks for it, I suggest the RR24, its quite nice with the bevels, it has an Alder body like the select series, a single EMG 81 bridge pickup and since its a PRO SERIES it costs like 1000 bucks

oh and another question, since Hypo use standard B tuning, whats kind of strings to they use? Do you use extra thick strings?
I know the difference between a KVX10 and a KV2, I'm just confused because you were saying it was coming in shortly, and then you post a KV2, and it threw me off :lol:

I'm not a fan of Alder Guitars, or active pickups, but i've been considering checking out the RR24 for some time now. Good price, and it's a neck thru Rhoads, I could easily swap the pickups. My girlfriend actually has an RR24, maybe I'll try it out and see if I like it or not, if so then I might have to consider picking one up for myself. ;)

I'm not positive what kind of strings Hypocrisy use, but I know Carcass, who also play in B Standard, use .15 gauge strings. You could get away with .11 minimum. If you go higher than that, depending on the guitar you're using, you may need a new nut. .12 and up won't fit in a standard nut.

I personally, play my Epiphone in D Standard and I use .11 Gauge D'Addario strings, and they make me feel so completly in control. They have excellent tone aswell. If you plan on sticking to the tuning, I'd go up in gauge, if you're just switching inbetween a bunch of tunings then don't bother, as a thicker gauge will put some serious pressure on your neck with all the changes.

Funny you talk about Carcass since this band is THE BAND that got me into Death metal, like in 1992 when I heard Necroticism - Descanting the insalubrious
Fucking hell I was like 12 by then :p

Always been a favorite since then...is that Bill Steer in your avatar? anyway...

and thx for all the advices, you seem to know much more than me about technical guitar related stuff :kickass:

Funny you talk about Carcass since this band is THE BAND that got me into Death metal, like in 1992 when I heard Necroticism - Descanting the insalubrious
Fucking hell I was like 12 by then :p

Always been a favorite since then...is that Bill Steer in your avatar? anyway...

and thx for all the advices, you seem to know much more than me about technical guitar related stuff :kickass:
I don't like Death Metal as a whole, Carcass is the one band who actually appealed to me. One of my favourite bands. Necrotism is absolutly amazing, in my opinion, it's when they started to turn for the best.

Yeah, it's Bill Steer in my Avatar, he's one of my biggest influences. :p

Carcass, along with Hypocrisy and Death are some of the few death metal bands I can stand. I'll listen to others but it doesn't appeal to me asmuch, though I will admit, it's slowly growing on me!

and No problem, anything to help out a fellow musician. You've probably got me beat in skill, but that doesn't mean we have to be enemies :p

Alot of musicians seem to forget that music isn't a competition, more like a brotherhood.

Death, of course!

Cant believe I miss the show on December 12....yeah former Death members (of the Symbolic album I think?) decided to reunite for a tour in memorium of Chuck