Software to record 16 tracks + video

Arsenu,

Oct 30, 2008
hey guys!

pretty simple: i'm looking for a software that's able to record 16 tracks (2 Different MOTUs if it matters) + video from webcam/HDMI cable.

iv'e tried tracking the audio with PT (working in 48khz) and running a video software simultaneously but there seems to be a sync problem that fucks up the audio.

any ideas?

If you've got the audio stuff recorded, you could either import it into either Adobe Premier or Sony Vegas Pro and you should be able to do some editing and basic mixing of the audio to the video.

well the point was to track all at once and than mix in PT, but it seems like the only way is really just record and shoot separately, than edit.
no software seems to be capable of doing both.

and to think it's been over 30 years now since a dude stepped on the moon...

and to think it's been over 30 years now since a dude stepped on the moon...

i feel like this when working with video everytime. I remember editing a school project with premiere 5 and it was just constant crashes. just tried the free Lightworks beta version and the workflow is so dumb i don't even know. gave in and just bought premiere elements 11 so we'll see how that goes.

try to find some virtual sound card stuff and put pro tools output for it and record video with that.
I can't find one I had while back (something about Link in name). There is Virtual Audio Stream too.
I've heard that Camtasia have option to record output signal too, fellow recorded some tutorials with USB Saffire interface.