Soilwork - 11/9/03...

Unklekronoz said:
When I was younger bigger bands used to tour here all the time , but I suppose it only takes 1 or 2 lack luster gigs(Incantation had about 40 payers) for promoters to have second thoughts . The ANU used to be a lot more organised and had a ggodd entertainment manager who made an effort now they just take what ever gig is offered to them . Also as it is not a private business , as long as the bar comes out ahead they are not to bothered about making profits . Canberra does not really have any promoters either , so a combination of those facts is why I think we tend to miss out.

Ah, too true, Unkle. Too true.

Those boys at the ANU are nice blokes but they really don't do enough to push gigs bigger than Alchemist (which packed out and fuckin' rocked).

And as for Incantation, many other factors were involved in that for the poor showing.
1: it being on a tuesday.
2: Blood Lust being on the following weekend (which people were planning to attend rather than the Tuesday show, fools they are).
And 3: quite lack luster promotion from both within & without Canberra added to the fact that no one really knew who Incantation were.

As for a lack of promoters: Fuck! I's should start putting my's name and number out there more to help encourage interstate promoters to look into booking more Canberra gigs! 'Cause it always pays to have someone willing to do all the leg work in Canberra rather then sending down a couple of posters and hoping for the best.

Peace
The Pimp NeonBlack

Lamentation said:
Is anyone going to a pub afterwards? If so, which one?

There was plenty of people in the Irish elephant pub one around the corner when Opeth played, also theres one across the road where the after party was, can't remember what its called though

hibernal_dream said:
There was plenty of people in the Irish elephant pub one around the corner when Opeth played, also theres one across the road where the after party was, can't remember what its called though

Damn Opeth was a great show. I was walking towards the elephant and wheelbarrow that night and just along the street before coming to it who should pop out of some store but Peter and one of the Martins (the drummer anyway I can never remember which is which hehe). That was pretty cool.

Wont be going to soilwork though :)

i'll be there with a whit mask on my mouth hehe
ive got pneumonia again (2nd time in two months)
but there is nooo fucking way that i'm missing this show damnit

Awesome show - it was better than the Haunted, but not quite as good as Opeth. Almost. I envy you Sydneysiders for having to look forward to a fucking great show.

Also did anyone think the set was rather short?

Fucking SWEET SHOW!!! Yeah Opeth was better though...mainly because of the extended set and sound quality and all...

Yeah it was quite short. But when you think about it they did play pretty much every song they are capable of playing live...So i'm pretty happy with that! :)

i dont get it hibernal??
why would u envy us when u got to see the show???
hehehe
neway im lookin forward to it bigtime
they play chainheart???
how was the crowd reaction????
cheers
WH

Yeah, that show was awesome, i finally got to see Soilwork and they were everything i'd dreamed.:hotjump:

The set did seem short, but it wasn't really, they played a shitload of songs, my fav. was bulletbeast :)

U guys are gonna love it.

They definitely played 'Bastard Chain'! Fuck yeah! Didn't hear 'Bullet Beast' though...

I read somewhere that Soilwork sucked live. Whoever wrote that must be on crack! Certainly makes up for the disappointment that was The Haunted, that's for sure.

fuckn right
amazing fuckn show
specially like the average stalker
and millionflame
and chainheart
well fuck it was all good - but the old songs kicked ass
pity about the vocal levels when he was singing clean - was almost not able to hear him

but yeh i heard they sucked live too
boy was that person fuckn wrong....

Goreripper said:
They definitely played 'Bastard Chain'! Fuck yeah! Didn't hear 'Bullet Beast' though...

I read somewhere that Soilwork sucked live. Whoever wrote that must be on crack! Certainly makes up for the disappointment that was The Haunted, that's for sure.

I saw a live video from a few years ago, and they've definitely improved, but I wouldn't say "sucked". They must have got their act together.

yes, i was wrong, it was millionflame :)

I FEEL LIKE SUCH A NOOB!

Sorry to get your hopes up too high, but im sure u werent that disappointed...

I did see a live video, i think maybe frenning tends to put a halfassed effort sometimes, he was a bit sloppy in brissie i thought, but that was just me. Maybe his axe was a bit out or summin.