Soilwork - 11/9/03...

I was bored at sydney. didn't watch the band, spent the whole time standing at the bar drinking.

maybe someone else realised this. i thought it was funny when the intro tape thingy was playing and they walked out. the tape sounded like it kept going for a while. so i turned around and ordered another drink, looking around at the crowd. the sound hasn't changed at all and i see the singer going off. thought it was quite funny to be going off to their intro tape, but they were actually playing. the sound levels didn't change. its either really good sound work or very suss.

A lot of bands use samples and tape loops to enhance their live sound. Fear Factory pretty much relied on it, Strapping Young Lad do it as well. I wouldn't be that surprised about the sound levels being fairly even with the PA they were running. The sound was fucking great.

Man, I was so disappointed with it all...! :(

For the first time in like 3 years, I finally had time off and money at the same time and a band I was crapping my pants to see was playing... got the ticket... got to the venue... stood there in eager anticipation... then *insert comical trumpet noise* :eek:

No matter where me or Stu went, the sound was just this WOOMMMFFF WOOOMMMFFF WOOMMMFFFF... couldn't hear the awesome guitar playing (you could see it, sadly) or the keyboards... Just Speed barely audible over the top of some VERY loud drums!

And since there were so many people, it was even hard to watch what they were doing, even if I coudn't hear it!

After 5 songs, we both walked out and I was fuckin' pissed off! :bah:

Ah well, I figure we'll see them in Europe sometime soon anyway...

I don't know if anyone picked up on this but i realized that they played 2 songs from the 2nd album, 3 from the 3rd, 4 from the 4th and 5 from the new one... maybe a coincidence...

I thought the sound was fine, but I think it was the wrong venue considering how many people were there. The Metro would have been better. I hardly saw a thing most of the night unless I fought my way through to the door near the toilets, and the air circulation was atrocious. I'm not usually one to complain about that (I remember Feedback), but it put a bit of a dampener on the night for me.

I thought the sound was pretty ordinary however I was up near the front so I could hear only one of the guitars so I did manage to catch the solos. But yeah the Metro wouldve been heaps better I think slow/late ticket sales stopped that from happening tho. Still an enjoyable show tho

Anyways hopefully theyll come back and play somewhere bigger with a better sound

The sound was pretty good in Melbourne, as was the show overall. Sounds like the venue down here (HiFi Bar) was much better than the Sydney one.

how big is the hifi bar??

it just seemed that being sold out - it was very uncomfortably small at the gaelic....
oh well only 700 ppl to sell out - even the haunted got 900 at the metro - and theyre shit compared to soilwork (in my humble opinion)