SOLD OUT Chicago - April 14th - photos and video

Mar 5, 2009
The occupancy for this room was 316 and there was at least 500 people there.

Surtur Rising front to back in the first set and a second set that included Asator, 1000 Years of Oppression and a Victorious March/Gods of War Arise/Death in Fire medley...it was truly an honor to be at the opening show for this U.S. tour.

amonamarth013.jpg

amonamarth008.jpg

amonamarth007.jpg

amonamarth004.jpg

amonamarth003.jpg

amonamarth001.jpg

amonamarth011.jpg

Encore [video] - Pursuit of Vikings:

lol i forgot which song it was before but Johan said "we were just in England, it's nice to be in a country with real beer again", and some guy yelled "Fuck England!". no offense to any britains here:loco:

Where did you get this info from: "The occupancy for this room was 316 and there was at least 500 people there."?

The capacity of the venue is 700 ppl.

FYI

I know the show was sold out because they were turning away people with cash at the door. I was just curious so I asked the bartender what the capacity was - he pointed to the Chicago Fire Department occupancy certificate posted above the bar which conspicuously indicated an occupancy limit of 316. The attendance figure of 500 was simply my best estimate based on personal observation.

If you say the capacity is 700, I believe you!

Thanks for the amazing show - I hope you guys get back to Chicago soon.

This venue had more than 1 room. The whole venue may have had occupancy of 700, but the room where the stage was set is smaller and 316 seems about right. Whole place was fucking packed.