SOLEFALD complete the work on ”In Harmonia Universali'”

Blackspirit

there are no words left
Aug 30, 2001
Oslo, Norway
blacksoul.skonux.net
Norwegian avantgarde metallers Solefald are now finished recording, mixing and mastering their fourth full-lengt album entitled “In Harmonia Universali”. The album will be released in January/February 2003 through Century Media Records.

"We just finished recording and mixing the album, and I must say that Solefald has never sounded better!" Writes Lazare on the band’s messageboard. "I am in the process of mastering it in Oslo this week, so very soon we will have more than an hour of music just aching to be released to you people."

"Certainly more experimental than 'Pills, but I think the whole sound and production of the album makes it feel more straight forward than it really is," writes Lazare. "The album will consist of 10 songs, and the vocal arrangements are larger and more complex this time around. We brought along a male choir and a saxophone player in the studio, and that worked out perfectly. I didn't use synths as much as I usually do in the recording process - instead you will hear a lot of real Hammond organs (with a wooden Leslie case) and a Steinway grand piano. Damn I love those instruments!"

With regards to the album's multi-lingual approach and cover, Lazare wrote: "Yes, 'Fraternité' is a song in French, and 'Sonnenuntergang' is a song in German (it's not an instrumental - we actually sing in German). Cornelius wrote the lyrics for these ones. 'Nutrisco' is in Norwegian although the title is in Latin. There are several songs on this album that are 7-8 minutes long. The cover will be a fantastic oil painting - Just wait and see."

The ”In Harmonia Universali” tracklist:

01. Nutrisco et Extinguo
02. Mont Blanc Providence Crow
03. Christiania (Edvard Munch Commemoration)
04. Epictetus & Irreversibility
05. Dionysify This Night of Spring
06. Red Music Diabolos
07. Buy My Sperm
08. Fraternité de la Grande Lumière
09. The Liberation of Destiny
10. Sonnenuntergang im Weltraum

Official Solefald website: http://www.solefald.org/