Solefald - "In Harmonia Universali"

Emperor meets Adidas? Yeah, I can relate to that :) Urbanism, consumerism, and popular culture mixed with fragments of black metal and its aesthetics - all wrapped around a core of heavy metal (or something like that). Good one - I like it!

Hey Lazare, I just finally put my top ten list together for 2003 and I gotta tell you, In Harmonia Universali was easily my top pick. And as I made that decision, I wondered what you considered the best few releases or so of 2003. Just curious :) Anyways, keep up the stellar drums/vocals/keys playing as well as your amazing songwriting. Can't wait to hear your upcoming releases :headbang:

The Scourge's Top Ten
1. Solefald - In Harmonia Universali
2. Septic Flesh - Sumerian Daemons
3. Amon Amarth - Vs. The World
4. Katatonia - Viva Emptiness
5. Opeth - Damnation
6. Moonspell - The Antidote
7. Anathema - A Natural Disaster
8. Edge of Sanity - Crimson II
9. Melechesh - Sphynx
10. Rapture - Songs For The Withering

Thanks a lot, Scourge. That's heartwarming :Spin: Best releases of 2003? Well, that's a tough one. I really liked the Zyklon "Aeon" album, and I thought the new Opeth was good as well. Then there was the new Muse album which was excellent, and I got a real kick out of "Vilosophe" by Manes. That's all that came to my mind right now...

Two weeks ago, I've got Solefald - In Harmonia Universali along with Borknagar - Epic (Yeah, I know it's a shame). I've heard nothing from Solefald before, and In Harmonia Universali was my first. It definately is an extraordinary album. It didn't freak me out or anything, but it is different. Especially the clean vocals (performed on the first track is a good example) sounds really different. Like nothing I've heard before. Also being a fan of sax sound, I really like this. No offense to Lazare of Borknagar and other Borkies but I must admit that, Solefald was a much nicer surprise for me, my compliments to Lazare of Solefald and Cornelius. Good job.

That is okay for me will we hear the sax again?
On the new solefald allbum??

you tell us the relase dates for the Age of silence album, don't you?

(it would be nice)

according to the end records the age of silence album will be out in the mid september, and theres a song there from the album in mp3

Firstly, Solefald = the best band in the world.

Secondly, is Cornelius an albino? Looking at my sig...his eyes look pink. Maybe it's the light?