Solefald - "In Harmonia Universali"

Great!GREAT!I love IN THE ARMONIA HUNIVERSALI!Great concept and great music!Your music is UNIQUE! A mixture of KING CRIMSON,ARCTURUS & many more!I wait the new release of SOLEFALD..and greeting to you LAZARE and also to the other genius CORNELIUS...PILLS AGAINST AGELESS ILLS is incredible,but any note of your music sound like this!When you release the new edition of THE LINEAR SCAFFOLD?Tell me LAZARE please...

Lars, don't you already have the next Solefald album wrapped up? Or am I mistaken? Anywho... In Harmonia Universali is an incredible album. It's seen pretty heavy play with me since I bought it a few months ago.

I've heard the song "Mont Blanc Providence Crow" and I think it's amazing! Very catchy chorus. I look forward to purchasing Solefald albums in the (near) future.

@ Warlock Lord: Well, we have made the musical basis for a new album (we brought keys and guitars to Iceland this summer to do that work in a very inspiring environment) but we haven't finished and polished the songs yet. Not easy to say how things are going to sound in the end, although I can tell you that the new material is much blacker than "In harmonia..." and has a sort of Scaffold-ish vibe to it.

Hey LAZARE take a look to my question is important!:yell:

When you release the new edition of THE LINEAR SCAFFOLD?Tell me LAZARE please...

Your music is great,and CRNELIUS is a great poet!

TheRealLazare said:
@ Warlock Lord: Well, we have made the musical basis for a new album (we brought keys and guitars to Iceland this summer to do that work in a very inspiring environment) but we haven't finished and polished the songs yet. Not easy to say how things are going to sound in the end, although I can tell you that the new material is much blacker than "In harmonia..." and has a sort of Scaffold-ish vibe to it.
Why the regression? As I told you before, In Harmonia Universali is definitely my top pick for 2003, no doubt about it. Your Hammonds on that little LP are like the thunder of God, particularly on Christiania. Now don't get me wrong, Scaffold was my first impression of you guys, and you two just keep getting better. I just hope that you will keep some of the extreme progressive elements alive on the forthcoming album. Especially a male chorus again, as the great Herr Bruckner said himself, the closest human recreation of an organ is a masterful group of male chori. Kudos to your musical accomplisments Lazare, and I look forward to each and every thing you do.

I've purchased "in Harmonia.." some time ago, n it hasn't parted with my stereo ever since :) . Killer album indeed, outstanding vocals Lazare, and the choir really works great as well. No bitching here, only thing else i can say is keep going, i'm already longing for the new album.
Btw, I too am awaiting the re-release of the Scaffold, get that damn album on the shelves again! :Smokin:

Well, a stylistic regression isn't necessarily a bad thing, as a technical regression is wont (though not destined) to be. I have confidence that Lazare can pull it off. If it's more of a matter of aesthetics, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Were he to go Darkthrone on us... Haha.

aethene said:
Well, a stylistic regression isn't necessarily a bad thing, as a technical regression is wont (though not destined) to be. I have confidence that Lazare can pull it off. If it's more of a matter of aesthetics, I wouldn't worry about it too much. Were he to go Darkthrone on us... Haha.
Hehehe, I have no fears of him going Darkthrone on us. I just so admired the major progression that happenned on In Harmonia Universali. That goddamnned thing is just priceless; one of the most exquisite albums I have ever heard. And to offer a rebuttal to my own comment, I listened to the Linear Scaffold(I was lucky enough to get a copy of the "digipack" when it first came out, like Neonism) again today for the first time in awhile. Well, holy shit if I am not still blown away by that album. Not enough Hammonds in retrospect, but the raw and violent emotional construct that holds this magnus opus together is just overpowering. I must say Lazare, I REALLY look forward to the new album if it has that kind of vibe, and FFS, there can never be enough Hammonds!!!!!!!!

Lazare, might ye be hangin' around, could you spill me some information concerning that Grail project? I was unable to find anything about it, but it sounded totally dynamite. So do you guys have a website or something? If not, any suggestions on places i can check out some of the work or purchase an album?
Oh, and I also wanted to inquire (questions, questions, questions) about whether Neonism is still available or not, as I've been looking for that one for ages.
Hailz!

@ Radical Cut: I believe Avantgarde will re-release "Linear" this winter / spring. I don't have all the details, but check out the Avantgarde-site from time to time for updates on that one.

@ Ethno: Well, Grail is a progressive project that will take some time to manifest, I think. I guess we will start the (slow) process of recording as soon as Asgeir gets his studio built. We have a lot of Grail-material, but still no finished songs, so this whole project is going to take some time to complete. I'll keep you guys updated here on UM!

@ Anima Lagopus: I just finished putting down the vocals on the new Age of Silence album (an extremely tiresom but rewarding process). I think The End will release the album just after the summer or during the fall of 2004. The reason why it's not being released this spring, is the fact that Winds are releasing their album in march, and since Winds and Age of Silence share two members and release albums on the same label, it's best to have som distance between the releases. The album is well worth the wait, though. :headbang:

I reviewed it some time ago-- I really like it.. Take a look at www.metal-norge.com.. I was planing a interview (in norwegian) but i couldn't find any contact info on solefald.org, so I asked Yjmetal, and he gave me cornelius' email.. I'll see what I can do. Anyway, you're welcome to put the review on your site, thought it is written in norwegian.

TheRealLazare said:
@ Anima Lagopus: I just finished putting down the vocals on the new Age of Silence album (an extremely tiresom but rewarding process). I think The End will release the album just after the summer or during the fall of 2004. The reason why it's not being released this spring, is the fact that Winds are releasing their album in march, and since Winds and Age of Silence share two members and release albums on the same label, it's best to have som distance between the releases. The album is well worth the wait, though. :headbang:

I'll be waiting :headbang:

Finally arriving IN HARMONIA UNIVERSALIS !!!
Great album, as the ones before!
Can anyone help me? The persons on the cover of "Scaffold" have a strange hand-posture (look at the small finger).....is there a special meaning in this??
"...the 23rd player.....", "...great white brotherhood....", "...to know is to control...".....Illuminatus-fans????
Solefald, wow, wonderfulamazingunbelievablegoodlike!!!!!!

:tickled:
Yesterday I visited a lokal concert: I was wearing an Emperor-Girlie and a jacket with three red stripes...looked like Adidas. Well, when I passed a really "true and evil" looking guy (patches of Mayhem, Burzum, Gorgoroth and spikes everywhere), while I was trying to describe the style of Solefald to a friend, he said: "Emperor meets Adidas...true"
O.K., first I ignored him, but then I got an idea.....hey, it´s cool, Emperor meets Adidas, it´s no bad descibtion for the sound of the Red Music Diabolos!!